Joy_Button Commands not working for guns and ordinance

Bingo41

Hi,

I have a Cougar HOTAS that is working well for other DCS aircraft, but not the F-86.

I have assigned JOY_BTN1 and JOY_BTN2 to my dual trigger, and I have assigned JOY_BTN3 to the weapons release button on my Cougar HOTAS Joystick. These three exact Joy_BTN's work for the F-5, for example.

The trigger only fires a single shot (JOY_BTN1 or JOY_BTN2) and the bomb release button (JOY_BTN3) does not launch the rockets.

The key press for the trigger is the "space bar" and and the weapons release can be done by "RALT + SPACE." These key presses do work.

Bill Clark

Bill Clark

Win10, V-2004//I5-8600K 5.2GHz//Nvidia GTX 1080Ti//VRAM 11GB

RAM 32GB//2TB M2.NVMe//Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7//Corsair H115i

Hello,

I've the same Hotas, tough I usually employ it in "emulation mode", where the hotas behaves like a keyboard and its programmed using the Foxy utility.

I've just tried it in "DirectX mode" and assigned the commands to the buttons within DCS, not using Foxy ... and I can report that they do work: the guns fire and the rockets get launched.

The only difference that I see with your setup, is that the Cougar trigger is JOY_BTN1 (1st stage) and JOY_BTN6 (2nd stage) .. not BTN2 as you have; and the weapon release button is JOY_BTN2 (the red button on top of the stick), not BTN3.

In short, it doesnt seem to be a bug with the DCS Module, since the same Hotas works on mine.

IaBNjYJ.png

Best regards.

PS: Take a look at the buttons operation using the Viewer on the Cougar Control Panel, perhaps your Cougar was repaired and the button leads have been mismatched.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Rudel,

Yes, I run in Emulation Mode.

You are correct about all the JOY_BUTTONS................I will fix them.

Thanks a lot, don't know why I assumed that...........just tested on the Foxy Joystick tester to confirm.

Bill Clark

Bill Clark

Win10, V-2004//I5-8600K 5.2GHz//Nvidia GTX 1080Ti//VRAM 11GB

RAM 32GB//2TB M2.NVMe//Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7//Corsair H115i

Yes, I run in Emulation Mode.

OK, I misunderstood because the emulation mode is used when programming the Hotas via Foxy, not when programming it via DCS.

I much prefer to use Foxy, as it gives more flexibility and easier programming of the microstick. This is my current F-86F Foxy profile, so you can use it as an example:

3V36ljQ.jpg

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB