Razbam Teasing CH-53 Sea Stallion??

OnlyforDCS

weighs in at 35k and can unofficially lift 70k gross, engines 4,300+ shaft hp

http://www.fi-powerweb.com/Engine/General-Electric-T64.html

I don't rightly remember but I think the E model burned around 1200-1300lbs of fuel per hour per engine.

As good as the E model is the K is much better.

Yea, we will finally have a chopper we can do A2A refueling with.

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

weighs in at 35k and can unofficially lift 70k gross, engines 4,300+ shaft hp

http://www.fi-powerweb.com/Engine/General-Electric-T64.html

I don't rightly remember but I think the E model burned around 1200-1300lbs of fuel per hour per engine.

As good as the E model is the K is much better.

Yea, we will finally have a chopper we can do A2A refueling with.

If I had to quick figure gas on the Pave Low I went with 40lbs a minute. Hourly figured 2400 or 2500 depending on conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Must have a refuelling boom!

It must!

GPS and radar.

The stallion led the apaches into no mans land in gulf war 1 so they could release the first shots fired of the war.

DCS CH-53 must be capable.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Must have a refuelling boom!

It must!

GPS and radar.

The stallion led the apaches into no mans land in gulf war 1 so they could release the first shots fired of the war.

DCS CH-53 must be capable.

If we get the E model then we get a probe and GPS but not the radar like you would think. Only Pave Low has a TF/TA radar and they were converted B and C models. That means trading the extra lift of an E for better avionics. E models are whole other animals really. Bigger airframe, extra blade, beefier gearboxes, extra engine, etc. I would still rather have the Pave Low but I am biased lol.

If we get the E model then we get a probe and GPS but not the radar like you would think. Only Pave Low has a TF/TA radar and they were converted B and C models. That means trading the extra lift of an E for better avionics. E models are whole other animals really. Bigger airframe, extra blade, beefier gearboxes, extra engine, etc. I would still rather have the Pave Low but I am biased lol.

I only want a pave low brother.

It just looks right and it just operates right.

The down side is just problems for the lads to overcome.

The name is right and the function is right.... pave low mother Fuc$er, what sounds better than pave low inbound?

All those downed jet pilots crying on TV..... fu$king pave low son! fuc%ing pave low!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I only want a pave low brother.

It just looks right and it just operates right.

The down side is just problems for the lads to overcome.

the name is right and the function is right.... pave low mother Fuc$er, what sounds better than pave low inbound?

Well I’ll admit I am biased to the Pave after flying on them for so long. I wouldn’t have to learn a new airframe just the nuances of the sim. If you had a multiplayer cockpit you would have more situational awareness than any other airframe in DCS. If I get a vote then of course Pave Low wins but I’ll buy whatever gets released.

fuc%ing strait, any weakness will be worked around once the problem presents itself.

PAVE LOW is a chopper that the chopper community does not know it needs! ..... and it needs pave low big time!!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

fuc%ing strait, any weakness will be worked around once the problem presents itself.

PAVE LOW is a chopper that the chopper community does not know it needs! ..... and it needs pave low big time!!

Well I’m just proud to hear people root for her. She was one hard working helo and always brought me home so I can’t complain.

• 2 months later...

My vote is for the E model but then that’s the model I have the most time in and, it by far out classes both the A/D models that the Marine copes used.

I did some training with some Air Force pave low guys up in Albuquerque a couple of times and those birds are impressive but you can’t sling heavy loads with them like you can with the E model.

My vote is for the E model but then that’s the model I have the most time in and, it by far out classes both the A/D models that the Marine copes used.

I did some training with some Air Force pave low guys up in Albuquerque a couple of times and those birds are impressive but you can’t sling heavy loads with them like you can with the E model.

Yup Paves aren’t known for their sling loading abilities :lol:. I would love to see the TF/TA though. Especially with the integrated moving map and defensive systems.

• 3 weeks later...

How about prerelease the easier of the two models then final release the other that way we get both or is that to much to ask/

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

How about prerelease the easier of the two models then final release the other that way we get both or is that to much to ask/

I wish that would happen but I’m afraid it won’t workout that way. The differences are too great. Like an F-15C and an F-15E, they look similar but they are whole other animals. Pave Lows had two motors and 6 blades while Es have three motors with different horsepower than the Pave and 7 blades. The airframes are not the same either. The E is bigger and has a canted tail pylon. I don’t know how they could do it but then again I also don’t know how these models are created.

I wish that would happen but I’m afraid it won’t workout that way. The differences are too great. Like an F-15C and an F-15E, they look similar but they are whole other animals. Pave Lows had two motors and 6 blades while Es have three motors with different horsepower than the Pave and 7 blades. The airframes are not the same either. The E is bigger and has a canted tail pylon. I don’t know how they could do it but then again I also don’t know how these models are created.

In the FSX universe where you could get away with some stuff it was feasible, in DCS, which is a whole different beast, you can´t, or, lets say, you shouldn´t under the risk of staying 2 to 3 years under development, production costs would be staggering high and a lot of other factors which together they spell "production hell"

• 1 month later...

+1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Bump for any info..?

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1