ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Hey Navy,

Mostly modern for now as they are easier to create. Older model ships are time consuming but i will eventually create some. Just have to find some good ones. Eventually I will work my way up to an older Carrier. Staying busy though. San Antonio is priority right now but i work other models along with her..

coastie.png

Oh wow, I was not thinking that as the next coast guard boat. Yeah, from what models you have shown I had a feeling that were you going with it, and it makes sense. I like to see ED add some more naval ships to go with what they have already, and I know RAZBAM has talked about adding some more down the road, but I think you and joey45 are doing a great job, keep it up. :thumbup:

I was thinking to go with the Oak Hill and the Tarawa may be a Newport class LST would look great, make a true Amphibious ready group?

1016119323.thumb.jpg.93d3aec863fbfcf5fc08b82662b8aa7d.jpg

Edited by navyBtown

Oh nice, I grow up in Bremerton Wa for many years, I quite enjoyed looking at the shipyard and the reserve fleet. It wasn't till after high school while waiting to get into the navy I got to be on my first ship, an old tin can USS Turner Joy DD-951. I wasn't able to get in the navy but I spent four and half years working on here with grate pride and still do to this day. I would love to see her in DCS fully detailed but not much use for her in the game unless a Vietnam map and asset pack comes out.

I spent 24 years in the Navy.. The last 7 years I was a Harbor Pilot. The largest ship i navigated was the USS Kitty Hawk from Japan.. that was my qual ship. After retirment. I drove tugs, ferries, LCUs and Navigated ships.. So most of career has been on the water or near it. So i understand how ships function in real life..

• Like 2

Nice to see another Anchor Clanker in here. In a few weeks I am going to have my computer back up and running, and am going to start a new project. My plan is thr LPH-2 USS Iwo Jima Class (circa 1990) as well as the MCS-12 conversion. I just want to make sure these aren't in your pipeline.

Working on another Coast Guard ship. I'm not hearing any news on Marianna so it may be late this year before it's in DCS.. I'm creating the coastie for that map.

I'm also working on an Aussie ship. I will try to get a Canandian ship also.

At some point I will try to get my Japanese fleet created. Refueler, LST and Atago DDG.

Still working to get the San Antonio finished also.. Staying Busy!!

coastie-210.jpg

HMAS-Daring.jpg

No, i will put the LCAC out with the San Antonio. I have two versions. One with and without the tank. I will be dropping the LCU and hopefully i can get the MK-8 boat up and running.

I found a Refueler that i am working on. Not a great model but it will be at least DCS Worthy..

USNS-Patuxent.jpg

That one is cool!

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

sweet! will all your ships be a part of a single bundled mod at some point?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I can't see any of the pictures posted, says it "image not found or was removed". Anyone else have that issue?

Anyhow Admiral189, I've been enjoying the San Antonio pics and cant wait to see your future mods! :)

Edited by Linx

Id start using Imgur for your hosting if stuff is getting deleted. I use it for tons of forums, here included.

Also, that armed boat could be great as a standin for the SWCC boats the SEALs use in missions, either for protecting them or providing CAS to allow for an extraction.

US_Navy_090428-N-4205W-840_MARK_V_Special_Operations_Craft.jpg

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Admiral,

Love the boats, they are looking terrific. I downloaded the two new attack boats it appears that the weapons may not be working accurately. The main cannon and missile launcher looks like the are tracking the targets but they are backwards, as in the back end of the weapon is aimed at the target. Hopefully other can test that out as well.

Thanks