Coming from a 109 pilot, some frustrations...

Poopskadoop

That is to be hoped, but has, ahem, this particular civvie sim competitor said what kind of tech they're using for their physics engine? Am asking since I'm very much out of the loop.

Check Asobo Studio.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

OK, will check. Thanks. EDIT: looks pretty impressive indeed, thanks again.

Welcome! I have a friend who's a pilot in RL and is testing it. He's quite impressed what it can do. My only hope is that it will be 'modable'.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Indeed! But whether they'll implement any kind of weapons and/or damage functionality remains to be seen regardless. It's been a long time since they last did anything having to do with aerial warfare...

But one can always hope. :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Like stated above, the D9 will let you survive. It is your choice to survive or play the odds, but when the odds are not in your favor, it would be foolish of you to not dive (or shallow climb), run, and reset your position. When you play online, get to a high altitude and hunt. If you get into a high energy turn fight, try to get in an advantageous position for maybe 2 turns, and if it is not working out for you, run and reset. It is tempting to keep turning with P51's, but if they have any clue how to fly you will eat it.

• 1 month later...
Like stated above, the D9 will let you survive. It is your choice to survive or play the odds, but when the odds are not in your favor, it would be foolish of you to not dive (or shallow climb), run, and reset your position. When you play online, get to a high altitude and hunt. If you get into a high energy turn fight, try to get in an advantageous position for maybe 2 turns, and if it is not working out for you, run and reset. It is tempting to keep turning with P51's, but if they have any clue how to fly you will eat it.

I disagree. I think the FW190D9 is not very easy to stay alive in if you plan to engage other planes. All you need is a P51D on your six with similar or more energy to you and your toast. You cant escape. Your not much faster then the P51D in a climb and the .50s have plenty of range on them. Any turning maneuver you make is giving the P51D more of an advantage and the P51D out dives you.

The 109K4 however can turn to get a P51D off his six or climb or try to force an overshoot.