NVG Tracer Glare

sgilewicz

I'm trying to complete mission 4 in Stone Shield (night time mission providing CAS to Spec Ops troops). The Spec Ops come under attack at one point after picking up a high value target. They call for support and when I roll in with NVGs enabled, the glare from the enemy tracers is blinding and makes accurate gun targeting impossible. I have lowered the NVG brightness to the absolute minimum but to no effect. The glare remains insurmountable. Is there a DCS setting that I am missing because I have seen YouTube videos of this mission and the glare problem is pretty mild and the NVGs were not set to minimum brightness. Any help is appreciated.

Radial Madness

have you tried adjusting the gain on the NVG? that should help

009.thumb.png.b57198358955e7692ebd6247f4b3eb6c.png

here is an old vid of mine on a night mission in the beginning you can see me set up the lighting in the jet. sorry for the lower quality YouTube compression ate a lot of video quality

Edited by squid509
fix you tube link

Hey Squid,

Yes, I have adjusted the NVG gain down as far as possible but no joy. I watched your video out of curiosity and the lightning strikes are clear and not blurred and overly bright blobs like I see. Since you are seeing what others have posted on YouTube videos it has to be my setup. Thinking about it and realizing that the gain adjustment is all I can change in game, I remembered that I installed "Tacca's DCS 2.5 NVG Mod" awhile back and this may be what is causing the issue. I will uninstall it and report back. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond in such detail!

Radial Madness

If removing The mod doesn’t fix it, consider deleting the shader cache and failing that, a full dcs repair.

It’s true DCS is struggling with brightness and contrast throughout the modules, and as they tweak or improve one thing it can affect others. So its hard to say conclusively unless someone has flown that exact mission in the current version, but all things considered, to me, it sounds like a glitch in your setup.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png