Pysical IFLOLS Brightness

Luft Waffel

I mainly fly in VR and on the supercarrier the physical IFLOLS ball indicator datum lights bloom out way to much with obstructs the meatball and I can't see the position of the meatball until I am more or less in-close. This wasn't nearly as much of an issue on the legacy Stennis carrier. I tried it on the flat screen and there weren't any problems with the lights blooming out and it seemed the lights were perfectly tuned for flat screen players rather than VR. I don't like using the overlay in VR because it ruins the immersion.

Perhaps a solution could be to add a brightness or light bloom setting to the datum and meatball lights in the Special tab of the settings along with a IFLOLS overlay toggle. At the moment at 3/4mile the meatball is just a big smear of light from all of the lights blooming into each other. It is slightly worse at night but generally unusable at any time of day. Again this is only an issue in VR and not on the flat-screen for some reason.

+1!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I don't see how anyone can fly the ball in VR (at least with a Valve Index) without using the IFLOLS overlay that pops up. I guess with the Reverb it may be possible, but I can't distinguish any usable information from the lights until I'm basically landing. On flat screen it's fine.

• 2 months later...

I can see it in my Reverb clearly enough from 3/4 mile. For CAT 2/3 it’s supplemented by the CILS. Ideally you could leave it switched off or at least have a brightness setting.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.