AI Enemies for Air to Air Combat

Moki

Good afternoon all,

I am fairly new at this game and I have been playing around in the mission editor. My question is how to get the Enemy AI (Red) to attack me or my squad?

I set their trigger to navigate and then engage ( I dont remmeber the proper words it used).

Basically my issue is I see the 4 enemy planes having a waypoint line attached to my plane but as I move closer they are just flying around and then land.

Any assistance would be great

Hi Moki, I am very new to it as well but I got AI fighters to attack by setting their task to CAP or similar and gave them waypoints over some ground units I was attacking.

I hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

Snowy

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

The AI lands when it reaches the end of its waypoints. If they don't detect enemies before then, they will land.

They will also land if they don't have any tasks. Setting a specific role from the list (like CAP, Fighter Sweep, etc) gives them a default task.

If you want the fighters to stay in the air for a long time, you need to setup an orbit. Do this by opening Advanced Waypoint options > Perform Task > Orbit. The orbit can be a circle around a waypoint or a racetrack between the waypoint and the next waypoint.

You can also attach your mission as a file so people can download and see what's wrong.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I made changes to the mission and I explained them on the briefing panel in the mission file.

The F-5's were put into one flight so they're easier to manage.

I saw that you had a Search and Engage task in triggered actions. But these needs to be activated by a trigger. Yours would never turn on. I added a trigger to turn on the task after 10 minutes. The task isn't needed because the F-5's are set to CAP with an orbit now, but you can use the mission changes I made as a reference.

F-18 shit modified.miz

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files