Night ground attack

Finnbar

I love the f5e module, the flight model is fun to fly, the systems are fairly simple but as close to life as possible and the module is well made.

I would like to perform night ground attack missions such as would have been flown in the Vietnam war by phantoms. I read a great autobiography "war for the he'll of it" that captured my imagination.

I dont knkw how they did it in RL. I guess using Tacan navigation I should be able to find a given target at night and then after visually identifying it, I could use dumb bombs, rockets and guns before heading home.

The only thing missing would be air to air refuelling. Is this how it would have been done, and would I be better off with a different module.

If you don't want to use illumination bombs you can also put a few friendly ground units in the vicinity to activate when you are entering the area. That'll get you a few tracers flying and (likely) one or two burning vehicles to guide you in.

As stupid as it may sound, a common way of finding targets in the night are lights, fires and the like, that your target puts on in order to see where the hell they are going themselves.