=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Well, plenty of eye squinting and leaning to my monitor. I prefer dots, wearing glasses forces me to do crazy eye squinting. And when someone calls for help ... well, good luck finding him.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

For me, the dots are ruining the gameplay. I like tactical missions instead of this 'stupid' air quake. The lack of labels forces you to check your 'surroundings' more often.. SA, you know.. At the moment, thanks to the lack of the labels, I don't see the 'air trains' where more than 10 pilots were following on each other. I'm not a good spotter either, due to my profession and age, but I still prefer it without labels. And there is always the zooming which helps with the spotting. Other than that, I'm waiting for a proper mission..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

For me, the dots are ruining the gameplay. I like tactical missions instead of this 'stupid' air quake. The lack of labels forces you to check your 'surroundings' more often.. SA, you know.. At the moment, thanks to the lack of the labels, I don't see the 'air trains' where more than 10 pilots were following on each other. I'm not a good spotter either, due to my profession and age, but I still prefer it without labels. And there is always the zooming which helps with the spotting. Other than that, I'm waiting for a proper mission..

i know what your saying mate but if were going to spend all night looking for things it may aswell be in the local pole dancers than on DCS or me eyes will get bored ;D

i know what your saying mate but if were going to spend all night looking for things it may aswell be in the local pole dancers than on DCS or me eyes will get bored ;D

:lol:

On the other hand.. ;) if the transparency will be fixed and them labels would become less 'visible', well, that's a different story..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

mickeei, LMAO!!!

All,

Flying on the server tonight i did have some fun flying the P51 which I do not do so much....Did 3 bomb runs with a squad mate and we had about 4 pilots on each side (give or take a two)...got in a couple of 30 sec dogfights...got some hits on a 109 and no one died, we all made it home safely on both sides, which is a good thing, right? But it was refreshing to have that supersize attack feeling kinda things, so I'm thinking that if I can make it on the server at peak times when there's a full house, there should be some extra AA action for me.

Amazingme,

You may be on to something here. We have been flying with labels on here for a while now and I'm willing to fly with out labels to see what happens due to my experience tonight.

eekz,

Thanks for the great server and have a great weekend!

Check Six!

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now try flying in VR, where instead of having a telescope for a zoom capability, you've got something akin to the glasses people sometimes use at an opera.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

morning folks

the lack of lables isnt that much of a problem for me, but, i usually fly with one or 2 friends, we take off, go over 'doom hill' (1st hill after the runway) and then it starts.........

where are ya?........

i was right behind you but i cant see you anymore

i can see someone...... i think its gerreh.... down to the right.....

WHERE??

down to the right.....

i cant see them

im going in.......

i cant see you

hes all over over me like a rash.........

i cant see you

LOOK FOR GREEN 5HIT!!!!........

still cant see you

IV BEEN SHOT!!.........

where? i cant see you, i need VR

IM SMOKING ME T1TS OFF, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?...........

im over the boats, where are you?

IM IN THE CITY GETTING SHOT AT, SMOKING ME T1TS OFF AND YOU'RE AT THE BOATS??..........

yeah, i cant see you, i cant see anything..... except boats

you one eyed donkey goat!! iv been shot down!!............

oh! is that you? going down? on fire?? with green 5hit behind you?

YES!!!!!.............

i can see you now!!

rinse and repeat every flight, it gets annoying, because i can usually see most things, i can see planes without lables from maybe 15miles away, but other peeps with there posh a55 4k monitors can only see me if i go round to there house and knock on hahahahaa

now, lets be honest, as good as the lables can be for spotting, we all have to turn them off in close range to identify the plane, so may be a sollution is to have the lables work on a timer, you can activate them for 10 seconds every 5 mins per plane(dont know if this can be done), this way you can have people work together to get many planes to a possible target area

but again, i think once the lables are fixed, its probably going to be an issue that goes away, well see

MM

(why did no one tell me about WEP in the P51....... 3 YEARS!!!!!)

morning folks

the lack of lables isnt that much of a problem for me, but, i usually fly with one or 2 friends, we take off, go over 'doom hill' (1st hill after the runway) and then it starts.........

where are ya?........

i was right behind you but i cant see you anymore

i can see someone...... i think its gerreh.... down to the right.....

WHERE??

down to the right.....

i cant see them

im going in.......

i cant see you

hes all over over me like a rash.........

i cant see you

LOOK FOR GREEN 5HIT!!!!........

still cant see you

IV BEEN SHOT!!.........

where? i cant see you, i need VR

IM SMOKING ME T1TS OFF, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?...........

im over the boats, where are you?

IM IN THE CITY GETTING SHOT AT, SMOKING ME T1TS OFF AND YOU'RE AT THE BOATS??..........

yeah, i cant see you, i cant see anything..... except boats

you one eyed donkey goat!! iv been shot down!!............

oh! is that you? going down? on fire?? with green 5hit behind you?

YES!!!!!.............

i can see you now!!

rinse and repeat every flight, it gets annoying, because i can usually see most things, i can see planes without lables from maybe 15miles away, but other peeps with there posh a55 4k monitors can only see me if i go round to there house and knock on hahahahaa

now, lets be honest, as good as the lables can be for spotting, we all have to turn them off in close range to identify the plane, so may be a sollution is to have the lables work on a timer, you can activate them for 10 seconds every 5 mins per plane(dont know if this can be done), this way you can have people work together to get many planes to a possible target area

but again, i think once the lables are fixed, its probably going to be an issue that goes away, well see

MM

(why did no one tell me about WEP in the P51....... 3 YEARS!!!!!)

Haha you nailed the communications pretty spot on. lol. Well if you didn’t know about WEP then your ok, it’s usage is truly hit or miss and the performance increase is pretty minimal. It is a good way to toast your engine real quick. Your better off without using it but if you do just know your on borrowed time and if you take the slightest hit your engine is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now try flying in VR, where instead of having a telescope for a zoom capability, you've got something akin to the glasses people sometimes use at an opera.
Well, I only heard that VR spotting is awful as I haven't experienced it myself, yet. I'm thinking towards the Pimax 5K in a few months, hopefully.

Anyway, it's ED's job to make the spotting better or, at least, NOT screw up what other people are trying to improve.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Settings:

Quick question, where is this server hosted? I've been on BS a few times, but I prefer Steel Balls only because the ping is so much better. BS gives me 280-300 (and is more popular, so its tempting ), but I get 130-140 for Steel Balls (yet there's nobody ever in that server for some reason). I recall seeing Russian in the briefing, so I'm assuming somewhere in that vast country?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I believe it's in Minsk. Although the stats page used to have a Ukranian web address so maybe its there?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Yeesh. Opposite end of the world! No wonder the ping is dirt.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Yeesh. Opposite end of the world! No wonder the ping is dirt.

Always thought Alaska is the only end of the world ))) ... For me labels off, zooming outside cockpit forced disabled, never had problems spotting, but never bought VR because the res is so bad.

Adding winter snow really helps with spotting thanks.

Show

IS there AN option to add summer snow? :D

Sorry I couldnt help it :lol:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Eekz, is there any particular reason for not having cliped wings version of Spit on the server or I missed a post or two?

Thx and S!

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds