=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

After some analysis of net traffic I've ended up at 31 max players on the server considering our upload bandwidth. There should not be any server related warping anymore, but only player related, if the client has bad connection

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

I think the 8 billion flak guns we have parked around the airfield atm are enough... That and the fact they are indestructible.... and that you have 2 airfields....

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• ED Team

Guys a friendly reminder

1.6 No multiplayer disputes on the ED forums, including inter-squad flamewars.

If you wish to take it to PMs

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Mission focus would make the experience a better one. In the early IL2 days our squad would enter the server with intent to roll the mission or win the mission. Some would fly cover and others would ground attack. A little more of this and a little less shoot'm up, (I believe), would make it more enjoyable. The challenge is to get everyone coordinated on TS to win the mission. Just one pilots opinion. Vulching etc. all's fair in love and war.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mission focus would make the experience a better one. In the early IL2 days our squad would enter the server with intent to roll the mission or win the mission. Some would fly cover and others would ground attack. A little more of this and a little less shoot'm up, (I believe), would make it more enjoyable. The challenge is to get everyone coordinated on TS to win the mission. Just one pilots opinion. Vulching etc. all's fair in love and war.

The player base is what makes it fun. Early Aces High days were awesome. I agree the guys that sit over base vulching ruins it. If the players start to play this way its up to the mission imho to stop it. More AAA, Accurate Flak, or no fly zones ect.

depends...i think vulching is really boring and not a challenge, except maybe with bombs! but i think it can be fun, to take off from a base under attack, and then actually manage to get the vulchers...happens quite often now since the spit is out, that the allies come over to anapa and attack the people on the ground...but i actually enjoy that tbh...dont have to fly over the whole map to find enemies.and shooting down the vulchers are usually the more rewarding kills i think.

Vulching is fine on campaign or real mission servers like Case blue etc but I don't see the point in dogfight server's, which lets be honest, is what the Burning Skies server is. The only exception to this is chasing someone who is running away from a fight.

On the blue side there are 2 airfields anyway, so maybe if you are getting strafed change slots?

Most people strafing have pretty poor aim and end up a smoking fireball within 2 passes anyway. I usually find they are preoccupied enough that taking off on the grass and going out low means no one will see you till you've got enough altitude to be dangerous.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Airfield strafing was a real thing at WWII, I don't see any problems with it. Those brave enough to do so will soon have 3-4 enemies on their tail and a hail of AAA fire. So what is the problem?

It's not necessarily the strafing of those on the runway. It's the pouncing on slow spitfires who are just taking off. But it's not that big of an issue.

Not sure if anyone has tried creating an engagement level restriction on a mission. I think it would be really interesting to force people in multiplayer to fight at higher altitudes. Obviously, would need to find a nice balance. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand, don't take it the wrong way eekz. The ground targets are nice but once you've done them once or twice they are not too crazy. After that most people tend to ignore them.

On a side note I remember you mentioned implementing the 'bombers' from the burning skies event. Did you ever get any farther in this? Would maybe be interesting to encourage the occasional high altitude scuffle.

9./JG27

On a side note I remember you mentioned implementing the 'bombers' from the burning skies event. Did you ever get any farther in this? Would maybe be interesting to encourage the occasional high altitude scuffle.

No, I've put that on hold, as I've realized that in the end we need at least B-17 AI with gunners and acceptable DM, carrying real bombs, not script, to make it pleasurable gameplay. Until then, I'm afraid it will be around ground targets.

Burning Skies

Airfield strafing was a real thing at WWII, I don't see any problems with it. Those brave enough to do so will soon have 3-4 enemies on their tail and a hail of AAA fire. So what is the problem?

Multiplayer dogfight servers have nothing to do with WW2. They exist for the art of air to air combat.

Vulching is a kind of griefing when there is no attrition, the AAA is weak, and you can do it over and over again, dying every time. The people who do it aren't simulating anything. They just get a kick out of shooting someone who had no chance to defend himself.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Allow Export Data

Is the export data off on this server? Any chance in allowing it? I have a Geko motion simulator and would like to get it working on your server.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Is the export data off on this server? Any chance in allowing it? I have a Geko motion simulator and would like to get it working on your server.

Yep, it's off. Probably I'll turn it on later, in order to check how it affects network load and performance.

Burning Skies

Hi eekz,

can you please change map seaon from winter to somewhere else.

Spring or fall will be far better.

Waiting nearly 5 minutes for proper Mustang`s oil teperature after engine start is too long and low ambient temperature does not prevent or help against engine overheating during fight.

Moreover shortly after map start, that low and sharp sun lights is ... you know lost enemy thaks to this is so easy at least.

Thanks

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |