How to Put down the boarding ladder - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-08-2019, 10:05 PM   #21
Arinc429

Quote:
Originally Posted by uunilenkki View Post
One day it might be possible to play dcs as a ground crew, that would be awesome. Ladder using, refueling, adding hyd fluid every now and then, checking oil levels and MSP codes etc.. and installing armament. Many things to do there before it's ready to go..
Edit: And the game should continue like Counterstrike. After the plane leaves, you are just the guy with the assault rifle and try to survive until the next sortie comes to turn. CS DCS!
+1
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / Track IR 5.0 / TM Warthog / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W
Arinc429 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #22
razo+r
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie2Bad View Post
Im trying to have a couple parked shut down hornets on my airfield. I did both of these and it just spawns in with the wings folded cold and dark??? Anyone ever have any luck spawning the f-18 w. pitot and engine covers on, and chocked up? Seeing as I don't understand how to "fight" in an airplane yet I'm having a good time in the editor playing around.
You could only do little stuff since most of it might include COMSEC material aka classified stuff
Old 06-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #23
pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by notproplayer3 View Post
Hey, I came back to this thread after this week's 2.5.5 update and there is now a ladder when you cold start the f/a-18, I do know that the ladder retracts automatically once you switch on the battery, but I don't know how you can extend it again
Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully this is a start for us to be able to walk in & out of aircraft.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #24
fagulha

Mine retracts automatically as soon i start in cockpit and makes no difference battery off i wish we could, somehow, decide when to retract the ladder (ex: turn Battery On, Close Canopy, radio comms, etc).
fagulha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 AM   #25
donkeyrider

I think in real life a ground crew needs to store the ladder, so hopefully we'll eventually get a ground crew command for them to do this.
donkeyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:36 AM   #26
Kang

Just link it to chocks.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:06 PM   #27
mkiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by uunilenkki View Post
One day it might be possible to play dcs as a ground crew, that would be awesome. Ladder using, refueling, adding hyd fluid every now and then, checking oil levels and MSP codes etc.. and installing armament. Many things to do there before it's ready to go..
Edit: And the game should continue like Counterstrike. After the plane leaves, you are just the guy with the assault rifle and try to survive until the next sortie comes to turn. CS DCS!
I think you'll find that it goes more like this. G.C. Waves bye-bye to aircraft, goes to crewroom, pours a hot cuppa, and A: Plays a game of Uckers, B: Plays a game or Risk C: Plays a game of Trivial Pursuit, D: Has a little nap, (choice depending on mission length). All that shooty stuff is for the army, or RAF Regiment if you are in blighty.
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #28
Zadren

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiii View Post
I think you'll find that it goes more like this. G.C. Waves bye-bye to aircraft, goes to crewroom, pours a hot cuppa, and A: Plays a game of Uckers, B: Plays a game or Risk C: Plays a game of Trivial Pursuit, D: Has a little nap, (choice depending on mission length). All that shooty stuff is for the army, or RAF Regiment if you are in blighty.
Lol...clearly you've never been on a field squadron. Harriers or rotary wing. Launch your aircraft from a hide, then go and sit in a shell scrape in the pissing rain with a GPMG, expecting some mong to start throwing thunderflashes around. Uckers are for the tea bar on camp.
Zadren is online now   Reply With Quote