Yet another Weather Injector... - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #1
achitan

Default Yet another Weather Injector...

Hi guys,

So I've always been bugged by the fact that I have to create the real life weather for a certain mission that I create for offline missions. While it is not a huge burden to Tab forth and back from an Active Sky window to DCS and insert and calculate the right inputs (wind directions need to be turned around as DCS uses direction to instead of direction from, as just one example of the changes) for the DCS weather inputs, my flying time is limited. So I could only do this once a month.

I've thus created this little command line app' to facilitate a fast weather snapshot creation. The catch is that you would need Active Sky for this to work. The good thing is that you can use AS's historical weather to get the exact weather of a certain date and time (Cold War/Korean style campaigns).

As this does not need any LUA interpreter, the downside is that the weather doesn't evolve over time - I thought if I changed the LUA weather file, DCS will "feel" it and refresh the weather by itself. It does not do that, unfortunately, but for my needs it is quite fine. The app' also sets the right time of the day taken from the METAR. Please read the README and follow the instructions of the help app' text. Any problems, please write it here and I'll "make it so" in a fast update.

The link is provided here

Hope you like it,
Adrian

Last edited by achitan; 06-12-2019 at 06:49 PM.
achitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcs weather, weather