How to Put down the boarding ladder

Gizmondo

i know it is possible because i did it once by mistake and i dont know how.

the manual says: boarding ladder (figure 2-33), stowed under the LEX, provides access to the cockpit and upper aircraft area from the left side of the aircraft. Ladder extension and retraction can only be accomplished from outside the cockpit. To extend the ladder, manually support the ladder and release the forward and aft latches on the forward beam on the underside of the LEX, permittingthe ladder to rotate down to the extended position.

sans_t10.png

Edited by Gizmondo

You got it to come down? On a side note how do you put the intake covers and pitot covers on? I saw pics earlier of it parked with these all on wondered if it can be done in sim?

Edited by HawkDCS

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

You got it to come down? On a side note how do you put the intake covers and pitot covers on? I saw pics earlier of it parked with these all on wondered if it can be done in sim?

no! with all the stuff on is an IA plane who has just parked, I did it with engins runing when i was looking for the strobe lights knob and i looked outside to see if the lights are on and i saw the ladder down:book::joystick::doh:

In the mission editor set the hornet down as a static object, or check the uncontrolled box in the unit editor. You should have the chalks, pitot covers (if modeled), and engine/exhaust plugs on the aircraft.

Sorry, Giz. That was an answer to Hawk's question about the plugs and such. If it isn't an option in the radio menu under ground crew, then I would check the controls menu to see if there is a key bind that you may have pressed accidentally to drop the ladder. It may also be included as part of the chalks request. but I haven't messed with it too much so i'm honestly not sure.

2.15.2 Boarding Ladder. A boarding ladder (figure 2-33), stowed under the LEX, provides access to the cockpit and upper aircraft area from the left side of the aircraft. Ladder extension and retraction can only be accomplished from outside the cockpit. To extend the ladder, manually support the ladder and release the forward and aft latches on the forward beam on the underside of the LEX, permitting the ladder to rotate down to the extended position.

So yeah, I don't know how you did it.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Maybe it was an Easter Egg you somehow stumbled across LOL.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'll have to see it to believe it. Hope you're right though.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

In the mission editor set the hornet down as a static object, or check the uncontrolled box in the unit editor. You should have the chalks, pitot covers (if modeled), and engine/exhaust plugs on the aircraft.

Thanks!

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

One day it might be possible to play dcs as a ground crew, that would be awesome. Ladder using, refueling, adding hyd fluid every now and then, checking oil levels and MSP codes etc.. and installing armament. Many things to do there before it's ready to go..

Edit: And the game should continue like Counterstrike. After the plane leaves, you are just the guy with the assault rifle and try to survive until the next sortie comes to turn. CS DCS!

Edited by uunilenkki

• 8 months later...

Im trying to have a couple parked shut down hornets on my airfield. I did both of these and it just spawns in with the wings folded cold and dark??? Anyone ever have any luck spawning the f-18 w. pitot and engine covers on, and chocked up? Seeing as I don't understand how to "fight" in an airplane yet I'm having a good time in the editor playing around.

Edited by Jonnie2Bad

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.

I think it goes down when the canopy goes up.

Dunno, i can'"t confirm, but from all videos i'VE seen it never seen to have any machanics system, just someone pulling it down or up, but again i can be totaly false but don't hate me :) And if i remember, last airshow i went in 2015, the static Hornet that was in display and we could sit in, had the canopy up (no way, really you'Re gonna tell me:) ) and the ladder was up and there was normal aircraft metal staircase system on wheels there instead.

Edited by Doum76

Im trying to have a couple parked shut down hornets on my airfield. I did both of these and it just spawns in with the wings folded cold and dark??? Anyone ever have any luck spawning the f-18 w. pitot and engine covers on, and chocked up? Seeing as I don't understand how to "fight" in an airplane yet I'm having a good time in the editor playing around.

Use statics, and make sure it's the Lot 20 Hornet and not the old AI model.

Also, when doing this on carrier decks (linked to carrier) it will change to cold start wings folded model to represent how they would be on deck.

Uncontrolled parks the jet, but the jet will not have the covers and ladder down.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I came back to this thread after this week's 2.5.5 update and there is now a ladder when you cold start the f/a-18, I do know that the ladder retracts automatically once you switch on the battery, but I don't know how you can extend it again

Edited by notproplayer3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Hey, I came back to this thread after this week's 2.5.5 update and there is now a ladder when you cold start the f/a-18, I do know that the ladder retracts automatically once you switch on the battery, but I don't know how you can extend it again

I just noticed the same thing. Mine just seems to extend/retract on its own until I switch the battery. A toggle for it would be nice IMO.

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

One day it might be possible to play dcs as a ground crew, that would be awesome. Ladder using, refueling, adding hyd fluid every now and then, checking oil levels and MSP codes etc.. and installing armament. Many things to do there before it's ready to go..

Edit: And the game should continue like Counterstrike. After the plane leaves, you are just the guy with the assault rifle and try to survive until the next sortie comes to turn. CS DCS!

+1

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

You could only do little stuff since most of it might include COMSEC material aka classified stuff

Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully this is a start for us to be able to walk in & out of aircraft.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Mine retracts automatically as soon i start in cockpit and makes no difference battery off :( i wish we could, somehow, decide when to retract the ladder (ex: turn Battery On, Close Canopy, radio comms, etc).

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.