"Northrop F5 Walk Around" by One of Its Test Pilots

DieHard

First time I have seen that one, good stuff.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Very good video, thanks for posting.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

(Maybe this film has been posted here. Moderator just delete it if it is a repeat post.

I did a search, this forum, for the url and came up empty.)

He mentions a trigger for rockets. We don't have that in DCS. What version is he sitting in? Ty for posting.

He mentions a trigger for rockets. We don't have that in DCS. What version is he sitting in? Ty for posting.

Without rewatching the whole thing to try to see a bureau number, i believe it is an A, as it is single seat and has no radar display.

Regarding a dedicated rocket trigger, if you are referencing the conversation at 4:15, I notice the stick in the video has the red pickle button next to the trim hat as we are familiar with in “our” F5, as well as a red pickle button on the right thumb rest where “our” F5 has the multi position dogfight switch. Early versions of the F5E had a simple button in this location that activated dogfight guns mode, but since the manuals are black and white I don’t know if it retained the red color. I suppose it is possible that this button could have been dedicated to rockets in the F5A, but I don’t have a manual for said aircraft.

Edit: Western Museum of Flight where this video was shot has BuNo 66-9207, an F5-A

Edited by tom_19d
Added side number

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

I grew up 2 blocks from Northrop facility that built the F-5. I would see them taking off after final inspection. This was around 1965+ also many of their aircraft were shipped in pieces by train. Later in the USAF I serviced them (both in USA and Europe). Tiny. I don't remember anything bad, or instances of emergency landing and the like which happened with other fighters. We also had them at a SAC ICBM and B-52 and Tanker Base I was stationed at. of course they didn't have the modern avionics then.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR