F-14A?

Satarosa

F-14A

Apart from these engines what are the differences with the F-14B?

Cockpit ?

Do HB can explain What they planned?

(Because there was many upgrades for the F-14A variant)

So I'm verry interested by the F-14A variant, I hope that we got more differences than only the jet engines..

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You want to watch this if you are interested about those aircrafts:

From designers standpoint:

From pilot standpoint:

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The A will have a different RWR than the B.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cockpit ?

Nothing really besides the RWR display in the front cockpit. Some F-14B´s recieved the Sparrowhawk HUD in the early 2000s, which is a more advanced HUD similar to what the F-14D has. Also, there was an GPS/EGI upgrade at some point for the B´s, I´m not sure if any A´s recieved that too.

The most signifcant upgrade apart from that are the DFCS and ARI. The DFCS is an improved version of the original flight control system providing better stability and departure resistance. The ARI (Aileron-Rudder Interconnect) is DFCS sub-feature that enables automatic compensation of roll induced yaw (of which the F-14 had a lot, especially at low speeds), improved departure resistance and spin recovery.

These features eventually made their way into A-models through upgrades, so depending on which F-14A HB is planing to model, the differences in DCS will probably be limited to engines and RWR display.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

sLYFa is right - with the 1993 circa F-14B (more of an F-14A+) the only differences would be the engines and RWR.

All the additional features of the B such as sparrowhawk / GPS / DFCS were added in future upgrades.

My understanding of the A model is that it will be a mid 80s version which would mean minor details such as the gun gas port could be different.

As mentioned by others, the A's pilot cockpit will lack the dedicated RWR. I believe that the A model that HB is making will have an older RWR sensor integrated into the lower pilot display as a mode.

I believe that the RIO cockpit will lack the dedicated control stick for the LANTIRN pod and the dedicated RWR sensor.

What's about the weapons of the F-14A from HB?

Do the versions of F-14A can carry laser-guided bomb ?

Do the versions of F-14A can use AIM-54C version?

And I hope they'll put a different "chinpods" for each version..

f14-detail-chinpods.jpg

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And I hope they'll put a different "chinpods" for each version..

What different chin pods? Late A's (which HB are making) and B's have the same one with the TCS pod as you can see from the image.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

What different chin pods? Late A's (which HB are making) and B's have the same one with the TCS pod as you can see from the image.

They said they will likely make a Iranian version sans the TCS pod, FYI.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Didn't read that, but I don't think the Iranian F-14A's are what the OP had in mind.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Didn't read that, but I don't think the Iranian F-14A's are what the OP had in mind.

That was in response to your quote:

"Late A's (which HB are making) and B's have the same one with the TCS pod as you can see from the image."

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

That was in response to your quote:

"Late A's (which HB are making) and B's have the same one with the TCS pod as you can see from the image."

And your point is what exactly?

Depending on the period, there can be a LOT of difference between the A and B besides the engines. The TCS pod and engines aren't the only thing.

Early F-14As had different gun gas vents, beaver tail, stiffening plates, wheel hubs, and ECM antennas, and had no pitot tube on the nose cap. The reinforcement plate around the RIO boarding step was also absent. The TCS pod wasn't standard equipment until 1983. Late 1980s F-14As had different ECM arrangements and gun gas vents from contemporary F-14Bs, and may or may not have had the step reinforcement. The NACA vents and Block 140 ECM arrangement wasn't standardized until the mid 1990s, and even then you saw variations between one jet in an F-14A squadron and another.

Matter of fact, the RIO step reinforcement was something that every F-14B had, but not every F-14A and not every F-14D, due to some of the Ds being remanufactured As.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

F-14A

Apart from these engines what are the differences with the F-14B?

Cockpit ?

Do HB can explain What they planned?

(Because there was many upgrades for the F-14A variant)

So I'm verry interested by the F-14A variant, I hope that we got more differences than only the jet engines..

So there are 4 specific differences between the Heatblur F-14A and F-14B:

1. Engines (TF30 vs F110)

2. RWR - ALR-45 in the F-14A vs ALR-67 in the F-14B

3. Gun gas purging vents: Pre AFC731 on the F-14A and post AFC731 on the F-14B

4. DLC: "old" 4 spoiler DLC on the F-14A vs "new" 2 spoiler DLC on the F-14B - the new DLC was more effective and easier to use.

The combined effect of these changes will have a real impact on general flight, operations, and landing on the boat. :)

-Nick

Aircrew Interview's latest interview (Keith "Okie" Nance) had some interesting comparison between A and B.

Thanks, Mr. Nance is always interesting to listen to.

So there are 4 specific differences between the Heatblur F-14A and F-14B:

1. Engines (TF30 vs F110)

2. RWR - ALR-45 in the F-14A vs ALR-67 in the F-14B

3. Gun gas purging vents: Pre AFC731 on the F-14A and post AFC731 on the F-14B

4. DLC: "old" 4 spoiler DLC on the F-14A vs "new" 2 spoiler DLC on the F-14B - the new DLC was more effective and easier to use.

The combined effect of these changes will have a real impact on general flight, operations, and landing on the boat. :)

-Nick

Nice answer, thank you so much

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Correct, the Iranian F-14s had no pods and just had a bullet cover there instead.

The F-14B has the TCS as will our -A.

We're currently undecided as to whether we will do the IR pod or not as an option as it would be quite a lot of effort for something that was bad enough that it was removed almost straight away from the operational F-14s.

Correct, the Iranian F-14s had no pods and just had a bullet cover there instead.

We're currently undecided as to whether we will do the IR pod or not as an option as it would be quite a lot of effort for something that was bad enough that it was removed almost straight away from the operational F-14s.

So it's the Iranian F-14A version we will have?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I've heard recently that once the F-14 carried that sensor, which didn't see much operational time due to its poor performance.

Eitherway, I for one would like to have it, if you ever decide to implement it.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB