RP22 Radar Launch/Missile Ready/ECM/Overheat lights

Cat

Are the lights for the RP22 indicating launch, missile head ready, ECM, and Overheat working in the stable version of DCS World 2.5? If so, do they work in the legacy 1.5 version that’s available?

I’ve seen posts indicating that those features have been nonfunctional for a considerable amount of time. I’m considering a purchase; I was interested in and reported on the module back when I was into sims and on staff at SimHQ, and if I re-enter digital aviation the MiG-21 is one of the certain purchases I’ll make...but not til the radar is indicating properly. I’m interested in the functionality changes to the SPO-10 as well. Is there any information on precisely what they are? A search of the forum has not revealed much there.

Indeed, I’ve seen that, but there is no timeline for that. So, presently they’re nonfunctional across both 2.5 versions, I take it?

Thanks for the info, I very much appreciate it. I’m certainly not purchasing while the radar functionality isn’t properly working but I will keep my eyes on the forums for new releases.

I only have played it on 2.5, 2.5 did affect lighting in most planes(KA-50 reverse navigation lights). You’re lucky to come back after the navigation lights bleeding through the plane/heli instrument panel got fixed!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Are the lights for the RP22 indicating launch, missile head ready, ECM, and Overheat working in the stable version of DCS World 2.5? If so, do they work in the legacy 1.5 version that’s available?

DCS 1.5.x legacy will use the legacy version of the MiG-21, whether the lights work or not will depend if they worked in 1.5.x

You'll likely need to look at an older (2017) video to check if and how the lights worked in 1.5.x

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yes, I’m aware of that. There is a version of DCS 1.5 still available for download. One wonders whether things work properly in it. Ramsay takes position that it does, and that’s certainly of interest. One then could maintain multiple copies of the client for different purposes. An imperfect workaround, but one does what one needs to do.

Yes, I’m aware of that. There is a version of DCS 1.5 still available for download. One wonders whether things work properly in it. Ramsay takes position that it does, and that’s certainly of interest. One then could maintain multiple copies of the client for different purposes. An imperfect workaround, but one does what one needs to do.

Honestly, I would just wait for the upcoming cockpit update which will not just fix the light issues, but also improve the general cockpit graphics.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I recently bought the mig-21 (with halloween sales) and I'm fine with the cockpit even how it is now. I play VR only and I do not have any particular issue (some little bug is there, but what module does not have one or two of them?). Great module, a lot of fun. The fact that a new better cockpit is planned is a great news, but you can enjoy the mig-21 right now; knowing you'll have a new cockpit in the future is just a plus to an already beautiful and well done module.

While I agree with that sentiment, there is no projected timeline for release of that upgrade. It could be next month...it could be next year, or several years.

I'm pretty confident that it will be released in 2020.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

While I agree with that sentiment, there is no projected timeline for release of that upgrade. It could be next month...it could be next year, or several years.

Actually, the first phase of the cockpit update (which already includes the radar display and its light indications), will already come with the next DCS update: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4107139&postcount=19 :D

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Actually, the first phase of the cockpit update (which already includes the radar display and its light indications), will already come with the next DCS update: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4107139&postcount=19 :D

No, its only going to be lights this time around. While most of the cockpit update Phase I is finished as well, it still requires refitting and adjusting of external model. Those two areas sticking from the fuselage when you look outside left / right from the cockpit are primary thing holding the release. So thats where it is.

However we figured that we at least can try releasing lights and see how you like it :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

No, its only going to be lights this time around. While most of the cockpit update Phase I is finished as well, it still requires refitting and adjusting of external model. Those two areas sticking from the fuselage when you look outside left / right from the cockpit are primary thing holding the release. So thats where it is.

However we figured that we at least can try releasing lights and see how you like it :)

Alright then, fair enough :)

Tornado3 small.jpg