Allowable Steering Error (ASE) Circle doesn't show up

solus

Allowable Steering Error (ASE) Circle doesn't show up after I choose the target in RWS mode.

I lock on target, but instead of the circle I see only a square without any info about the bandit. However, if I shoot the missile, then the circle appears on the screen.

Really don't have any clue, maybe it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I used BVR functions without problems some time ago, before they introduced the yellow cursor on the radar screen.

Извините за внимание

You may be in LTWS mode in which case you need to do two TDC depresses to change to STT

Edit: on rereading your post referring to the ‘yellow’ I’d say that’s it. I’d advise researching as well as datalink as you can now get contacts showing on your radar your radar can’t see (due to antenna elevation) so you need to keep an eye on that!

Allowable Steering Error (ASE) Circle doesn't show up after I choose the target in RWS mode.

I lock on target, but instead of the circle I see only a square without any info about the bandit. However, if I shoot the missile, then the circle appears on the screen.

Really don't have any clue, maybe it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong. I used BVR functions without problems some time ago, before they introduced the yellow cursor on the radar screen.

After you “lock” a track - does the radar continue to sweep on the RDR ATTK page? If so, the target isn’t fully locked yet, and requires TDC depress again while still having the TDC cursor over the desired track. This can be an indication that you are LTWS mode, and found within the DATA sub page of the RDR ATTK system. You can depress the DATA OSB, then unbox LTWS if desired (and sometimes can be a useful step when losing radar lock on a target in LTWS mode).

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria