[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Cockpit sound F16

Ninjaviper

Hello,

When I play Falcon BMS or watch F16 onboard movies. I hear sounds like a sort of tjirping (is this a word?).

Dcs dont have souds like that. Does anyone know where the sounds come from? Is it the RWR or the radar. Maybe the radio.

I try to place a link to a video with the sounds I talk about.

i5 7600K OC 4.4, MSI Z270 Sli plus GTX 1080 OC, 2x16 GB Memory 3000 MHz, Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog, VKB pedals TrackIR 5.

Hello,

When I play Falcon BMS or watch F16 onboard movies. I hear sounds like a sort of tjirping (is this a word?).

Dcs dont have souds like that. Does anyone know where the sounds come from? Is it the RWR or the radar. Maybe the radio.

I try to place a link to a video with the sounds I talk about.

Thats the RWR

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

IIRC the RWR is placeholder sounds from the Hornet.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The RWR in the other sim is actually simulating the RWR making different noises based on the pulse rate and patterns of the different search and guidance radars. If you're listening closely enough and you've learned them, you can discern between them based on sound alone. At least that's my understanding of it. I don't claim to have that amount of experience with it at all.

• Like 1

Evan "Preacher" Weeks - Dad. Programmer. Virtual Fighter Pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The RWR in the other sim is actually simulating the RWR making different noises based on the pulse rate and patterns of the different search and guidance radars. If you're listening closely enough and you've learned them, you can discern between them based on sound alone. At least that's my understanding of it. I don't claim to have that amount of experience with it at all.

That's how the F-16's real RWR works, and the DCS will once the placeholder is replaced with the correct noises and behavior

That's one of the things I don't miss. Since the original tones are horrible, at least in my opinion

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

That's one of the things I don't miss. Since the original tones are horrible, at least in my opinion
I really love the different tones for each threat. Once you learn them you have instantly an idea of what is painting you. Audio inputs are processed quicker by the brain than visual ones. Now if the rwr sounds would be "surround" that would help a lot in building a quick SA of threats.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

Edited by Rubberduck85

I really love the different tones for each threat. Once you learn them you have instantly an idea of what is painting you. Audio inputs are processed quicker by the brain than visual ones. Now if the rwr sounds would be "surround" that would help a lot in building a quick SA of threats.

I agree, they add to SA quite a bit. Especially since the sounds for high-level OPFOR threats are fairly unique, such as the SA-10 search tone. Can't mistake that one.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro