"Heavy missions" term in system requirements

Falcon_S

yes you will have to reduce your settings, but you should be ok, You will need to fine tune your options to get the best mix of performance and eye candy.

Thanks BIGNEWY I will install 2.5 and play around with the settings as you suggest. I was able to use mostly high settings in 1.5.8 but I expect 2.5 will demand a lot more resources.

I have a GTX750TI 2GB VRAM and 12GB RAM my processor is an old I7. What can I reasonably expect performance wise in 2.5? Will I need to run in low settings?

As for 2.5: your gpu/vram - low, ram - low-med, cpu - med. According to this you should set up generally low-med. Any big mission will have stutters. Any higher than low textures setting will probably too. Already have SSD? It's worth it.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

As for 2.5: your gpu/vram - low, ram - low-med, cpu - med. According to this you should set up generally low-med. Any big mission will have stutters. Any higher than low textures setting will probably too. Already have SSD? It's worth it.

Thanks for your comments draconus. I don't have an SSD sadly but I will play around with medium/low settings as you suggest and see what I can achieve. Realistically I think I will have to save up for a hardware upgrade.