"Holding" a springed switch?

Frost15

When I watch people start the TF-51, when they hit the starter switch, it magically stays in place; however, when I click it, it springs back to the "off" position, meaning I can't go and click the mixture lever without the starter turning itself off. Is there a certain way to keep a spring loaded switch in place without you holding M1 on it? :helpsmilie:

"Any landing you can walk away from is one you'll be criticized on in some way"

~Me

They probably have the switch mapped to one of the buttons on their HOTAS sets, or a key on their keyboards. That being said, in DCS switches don't flip back if You stop looking at them after initial click-and-hold; moreover, You can click something with another mouse button while keeping the first one pressed.

So in this case, left click on the starter and while holding it, right click on the mixture control (actually, right clicking will flip it to "run" and not "emergency rich", and that's exactly how it must be). I've tested it and it works. The only issue I see - the starter switch will get stuck in up position, so after engine catches, click it again to disengage, otherwise You'll burn out the starter.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 4 weeks later...