=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

There is Burning Skies room on ATAG TS3 server: 216.52.148.29 (Thanks to ATAG community once again!) Everyone can use it.

If you speak Russian (or don't mind to listen Russian most of the time) you can use this TS:

FF.TS3SERV.NET (Thanks to Firmament Fighters squad!)

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

And a quick update on what's being worked on currently.

1. More diverse ground targets for the current mission.

2. Better ground targets locations (more spread around frontline rather than dropping everything in one place).

3. Further stats page improvements.

Have fun :)

Burning Skies

Early 1945... Something went wrong :D

I flew into a 5v1 and it was possibly the most fun I've ever had in DCS. Now I know what the Germans felt/feel like.

Edit- Just tried to run the track to get it in tacview and its completely messed up :(

Edited by Integrals

Hi! Voice messages added to the server. Friendly ground troops will transmit radio message when they spot enemy aircraft. To hear messages make sure that radio station is enabled (A channel for P-51s at Nvorossiysk, and II chanel for Germans). No massages in Russian for Krymsk planes available yet. Currently messages are in English for P-51s and in German for red side.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Hi! Voice messages added to the server. Friendly ground troops will transmit radio message when they spot enemy aircraft. To hear messages make sure that radio station is enabled (A channel for P-51s at Nvorossiysk, and II chanel for Germans). No massages in Russian for Krymsk planes available yet. Currently messages are in English for P-51s and in German for red side.

Nice work eekz :thumbup:

would it be possible to remove the periodic ground target updates and put them into the comms menu somehow?

Also, I hope this doesn't come across as complaining... but is the 30mm really as powerful as its modeled? I can put multiple bursts into the German planes will little apparent effect (still have yet to score a kill :(). Meanwhile it seems more often that not when a 30mm hits me the pilot just dies.

It is entirely possible that the people flying the 109 have better aim than me and are able to snipe me like this... but damn, it is frustrating to shoot someone up only to get killed, not disabled, in 1 hit.

OK, maybe this is why I'm not getting kills lol.gif

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by Integrals

The 30mm is not usually a 1 hit kill though it can be if it hits the right place. It's almost triple the diameter of the 50 cal and it explodes so it can be devastating to an aircraft. It's drawbacks are poor range and significant drop. You have to get fairly close or get a lucky shot.

The 30mm is not usually a 1 hit kill though it can be if it hits the right place. It's almost triple the diameter of the 50 cal and it explodes so it can be devastating to an aircraft. It's drawbacks are poor range and significant drop. You have to get fairly close or get a lucky shot.

so once again it comes down to mistakes on my part killing me.

would it be possible to remove the periodic ground target updates and put them into the comms menu somehow?

I will put them into last channel of radio stations ("D" for P-51s and Square for German planes). If you don't want to hear them just switch channel to another one.

Burning Skies

I will put them into last channel of radio stations ("D" for P-51s and Square for German planes). If you don't want to hear them just switch channel to another one.

:beer:

I'm having a ton of fun on the server. Thanks for all of the hard work!

This may be the only time I ever "get" a double 109 kill

[ame]

[/ame]

:beer:

I'm having a ton of fun on the server. Thanks for all of the hard work!

This may be the only time I ever "get" a double 109 kill

LOL! Greedy buggers....

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )