[REPORTED]VR Performance OB 2.5.6

Gripen 4-1

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the application name is steamtour.exe and starts after opening steam vr. Anyway i am on steam vr OB

This is clearly something on your system, and is certainly not standard as no one else here has it showing.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OK, so I had a very boring day doing a whole bunch of benchmarks.

I tested Stable, Open Beta vanilla, with full Shaders Mod and also with heat-of-speed's revised version. There were 4 scenarios with 3 or 4 different points in each one.

I know no one will really care, but I've attached the results anyway.

My conclusions:

1) the vanilla OB beats the Stable on every count

2) not much difference between Stuart's revised version and vanilla OB

3) full Kegetys mod wins in each category, but really, not that much of a difference, and there are issues with water quality etc.

As an aside, well done to ED for the latest patch and improvements.

On my system with the stated settings, I am going to stick with the vanilla OB for the moment.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I tested Stable, Open Beta vanilla, with full Shaders Mod and also with heat-of-speed's revised version. There were 4 scenarios with 3 or 4 different points in each one.

My conclusions:

3) full Kegetys mod wins in each category, but really, not that much of a difference, and there are issues with water quality etc.

On my system with the stated settings, I am going to stick with the vanilla OB for the moment.

Nice work there m8!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

My conclusions:

Wouldn't it make more sense if the tests had been done using MSSA x2, for example?

One of the advantages of using the Shaddders MOD was the reduction in GPU load by applying it to only a minor part of the image...

However thank you for the tests and show your results!

Unfortunately, since several updates back, I can't use the Rift-S viewer to check the "render CPU time" and "render GPU time"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

Wouldn't it make more sense if the tests had been done using MSSA x2, for example?

One of the advantages of using the Shaddders MOD was the reduction in GPU load by applying it to only a minor part of the image...

However thank you for the tests and show your results!

I don’t use MSAA. Not worth the resources in my view. I’ll take shadows plus higher render res every time.

The MSAA mask is just one of the features. The mod masks the whole image as well as other modifications. This is supposed to produce benefits in performance, but it seems to only be on some hardware.

My conclusions:

What are your specs? What VR goggles?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Edited by gorzasty

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

All on my signature.

Can't see because I'm on cellphone right now (taptalk). Will look at it later.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

I don’t use MSAA. Not worth the resources in my view. I’ll take shadows plus higher render res every time.

The MSAA mask is just one of the features. The mod masks the whole image as well as other modifications. This is supposed to produce benefits in performance, but it seems to only be on some hardware.

I find a balance for the simple missions I usually fly in SP with a PD of 1.2, range of visibility in high, Shadows in low and flat, but with MSSA x 2, not to see things so bright.

I have tried again to replace the MSAA in exchange for a PD of 1.5 and the fluidity is lost...it's impossible for me, I cant whit this?!

I use a flight near Batumi between valleys full of trees or another mission flying DUBAI at low altitude...in this one I haven't even tried with PD 1.5

If I use PD 1.2 and MSAA I notice a difference from using the mod, without the mod it becomes like the PD 1.5 option without MSAA. The terrain with ASW will jump when I fly over it at ground level. It's going bad all the time...

I'm using the TOMCAT for these test flights...

Greetings

Edited by CaptYosi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

Hi

There is a long time I havn't launch the beta version..

Today I've updated this one.

Same mission, same situation with VR:

Release: 24-30 fps in VR ( no ASW)

Beta: 16 FPS in VR ( no ASW)

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Hi all,

just a small update on this, we will start to see improvement in VR in coming patches, however some of the improvement will need code that is not ready to be merged.

2d will see improvement before VR, just know we are aware and are working on this issues.

Thanks for being patient.

Hi Bignewy,

How is the state now about improvement in VR? It could be possible to know when the code would be ready to be merged?

Thanks

Edited by Gryzor

Hi Bignewy,

How is the state now about improvement in VR? It could be possible to know when the code would be ready to be merged?

Thanks

It's useless to ask, don't expect anything big unless officially announced, it may take a full year.

Hi,

is there option to revert back to 2.5.5?

I experience stutters after update :(

Thanks

yes there is luckily

press winkey+r

navigate to the dcs world openbeta\bin\ folder

type "dcs_updater.exe update 2.5.5.41962@openbeta"

Edited by vracan

VR Rig; which one to get?

Hello everyone!

Coming back to DCS after many years. I am upgrading my video card and getting a VR headset, just wondering what everyone recommends. Would a GTX2060 be adequate? And also, I'm very confused which VR headset is the best.

Please advise!

Hello everyone!

Coming back to DCS after many years. I am upgrading my video card and getting a VR headset, just wondering what everyone recommends. Would a GTX2060 be adequate? And also, I'm very confused which VR headset is the best.

Please advise!

Please read the VR thread for answers. The best is very subjective. IMO, the HP Reverb, but I don't think a 2060 is enough to handle it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=497

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

use this tool

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

makes it easy

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg