[NO BUG] not seeing 5 or 10 degree pitch marks above horizon line flight level

fitness88

The 5 or 10 degree tick marks on the pitch ladder do not show on the HUD when flying flight level, velocity vector on the horizon line. Only when I pull the nose up above 4 degrees do I start to see the 5 then the 10 tick marks.

Is this a bug if not what would be causing this?

Does it have to do with AoA you're flying at?

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88

What HUD mode are you in and did you zoom in by mistake?

No zooming. Vanilla HUD. I see what is happening, as my AoA changes, so does the appearance of the 5&10 tick marks.

I'll spend more time tomorrow to better understand how the AoA plays into this.

Thanks for your response.

Cool, I have found that the seat height also affects the hud usage and I try to set the Right ALT NUMPAD 0 save for each aircraft at the sweetspot. In case you need info, here's a video I did and it has the link to the forum post on it as well. Cheers,

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The seat should be raised/lowered to have these two markers (see screenshot below) line up correctly with the pilot's eyes:

Uxv4axD.png

In VR, I usually lean over to the right until I can see them both behind each other, and then raise/lower the seat until they overlap.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Cool, I have found that the seat height also affects the hud usage and I try to set the Right ALT NUMPAD 0 save for each aircraft at the sweetspot. In case you need info, here's a video I did and it has the link to the forum post on it as well. Cheers,

Juice,

this is a good video, thanks for posting. My only feedback is that we really should be using the same FOV for all aircraft. Using different FOV values distorts depth perception, complicating your ability to judge range and height. Ideally you would have the identical sense of depth for all aircraft, allowing you to better learn and use the visual cues.

The seat should be raised/lowered to have these two markers (see screenshot below) line up correctly with the pilot's eyes:

Uxv4axD.png

In VR, I usually lean over to the right until I can see them both behind each other, and then raise/lower the seat until they overlap.

Yes I also use VR, don't understand your line up method.

Edited by fitness88

Uxv4axD.png

According to LEX, the F/A-18C pilot, that's actually for ground crew bore-sight alignment, not something the Pilot has to consider in flight!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So is there a specific height that an FA-18 pilot should adjust the seat, if so what is it?

Aligning the two alignment crosses vertically works for me.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Using VR I get as close to the instruments as possible and adjust my height so I can just start to see the top front of the plane.

Well you sound like you’re too close and low probably. I put my head where the pilots head would normally be. Also in VR

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Well you sound like you’re too close and low probably. I put my head where the pilots head would normally be. Also in VR

The added closeness helps the clarity using VR. I manage to see the full HUD and ladder [now that I better understand the relationship between AoA and pitch ladder].

I'll raise my seat to align my eyes with the same height as the two alignment crosses and see how that feels.

Thanks.

The added closeness helps the clarity using VR. I manage to see the full HUD and ladder [now that I better understand the relationship between AoA and pitch ladder].

I'll raise my seat to align my eyes with the same height as the two alignment crosses and see how that feels.

Thanks.

VR zoom doesn't work for you? I prefer sitting further back and using zoom liberally.

Proud owner of: