BO-105 - cooperation is official

Santus

We are digressing quite a bit, but it just seems to me that, at this point, one more off-topic post after all the ones written in the Razbam subforum won’t be a problem.

I am not an expert on aircrafts systems and I can’t really tell whether problems that I encounter while using the Harrier happen because of my mistakes or because it’s a bug.

Surely the way they have addressed the ghost velocity vector issue makes me think that the criticism is proper.

On the other hand, I also think that being aggressive to the Razbam team will probably hinder their working progress because usually when you feel that everybody is against you, then you work worse. I’m sure they don’t intentionally want all those bugs to exist, either... .

Therefore, I think that if you want them to deliver, then you shouldn’t be aggressive. I myself dislike viper2097’s negativity, but this doesn’t mean that I dislike him as a person or his opinions: I just dislike the negativity.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

Just to add to the off-topic a tiny bit more:

Personally I agree that a certain criticism about a few things is well-deserved and proper, but by now it has gotten a bit annoying to myself that apparently every single thread in the RAZBAM area evolves into a raging debate about broken promises and general progress (or lack thereof) within the first two pages. I don't see much to be gained from it still.

On-topic I am glad to see that the development of the Bo-105 is making a step forward. MilTech-5 has gone through a long, long stretch of trouble with it and I certainly hope they get to reap their rewards. I have high hopes for the project and hope it'll be a great module when its time comes.

It is bound to be a partnership of the two teams. My guess is that a few things will have to be done differently than with projects done exclusively by one company. Will that be a good thing? I don't know, but I'm feeling a little optimistic today.