BO-105 - cooperation is official

Santus

To save people from having to go to FB

BO-105 Update

Just to keep you informed, today the partnership with Razbam and miltech-5 was made official

We look forward to helping Miltech bring this awesome Helicopter to the game.

We have opened a section on our discord channel for you to openly discuss the amazing module.

Decoy

So...

Does this mean they aren't finishing the harrier/m2k/mig19 first? Or more of a this will come at some point down the line.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hmmm...

They promised to finish all their modules before touching anything new.

This would mean, that they have to complete and fix the Mirage, the Harrier and the Mig-19.

Based on the speed they have been working in the last years, this would last at least until the end of 2021.

Then they could start to code their promised Mig-23 and F-15. This would need another 4 years at least, so maybe end of 2025.

Then they could start to code the Bo, which would probably take two years. So you could expect it at the end of 2026.

If they stick to their promises and work with the same speed...

Oh, I forgot the Super Tucano and Bronco, which are also already developed by them.

I'm highly excited to see how they'll do that all. We all know that coding is their weak spot, and all open tasks are pretty codeing intensive.

They just have two system, and one FM coder. But maybe they're hiring, who knows...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

To save people from having to go to FB

Thank you. I can't stand Facebook

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Thank you. I can't stand Facebook

I left Facebook in December 2018 after yet more news about them giving out personal user data (chat logs, IIRC) to third-parties. Best decision I've made in a long time. I ended up convincing my mother to do it as well.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

Reading replies regarding unfinished modules that are too long in beta, reminds me of voters, whining about governments they have already voted for more than once!

The only way to actually push the devs to finish a product is by not buying it unless it is finished. If the majority of our community would do that, then there wouldn't be a beta period longer than 6 months.

Right! That's why the Supercarrier was my last EA buy. Next EA module I'll buy will be, when F-16, F/A-18 and Yak-52 are finished modules. I suppose that will be in something like two to three years. :pilotfly:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

No SC for me yet.

+1 after all the fallout this last year with the state the viper was/is in.no more EA for me. Extremely pleased how the JF turned out. As for Purchasing another module without a credited YouTube review, no thanks

Agree with comments above. Razbam completely silent on BO not / or will be effecting their rather slow development pass the last 3 years. I really hope they prove us all wrong and finish the harrier this year. Proof is in the pudding. Will see how it pans out. I hope the bo forums are more engaged with developer or official responses

Posted by Prowler on Discord

The background image itself is clearly quite old as it says "by: POLY-DYNAMICS" but it shows version 2.5.5.41371

This picture has indeed been posted years ago, before the Polychop split up.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1 after all the fallout this last year with the state the viper was/is in.no more EA for me. Extremely pleased how the JF turned out. As for Purchasing another module without a credited YouTube review, no thanks

Agree with comments above. Razbam completely silent on BO not / or will be effecting their rather slow development pass the last 3 years. I really hope they prove us all wrong and finish the harrier this year. Proof is in the pudding. Will see how it pans out. I hope the bo forums are more engaged with developer or official responses

Yeah, the sad state of the viper on release was pretty disappointing, as has been the overall progress on the secondary (but important) systems. I mean 3+ months in, and we still can't add WPs manually? The whole STEAM side of the SC module and the number of questions that remain on functionality is the other cringe worthy thing. You'd figure they would have the figured all that out before release, but I guess not.

Yeah, been enjoying the Jeff since its more or less "done", its got some bugs but they are being squashed quickly.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So...

Does this mean they aren't finishing the harrier/m2k/mig19 first? Or more of a this will come at some point down the line.

Hmmm...

They promised to finish all their modules before touching anything new.

This would mean, that they have to complete and fix the Mirage, the Harrier and the Mig-19.

Based on the speed they have been working in the last years, this would last at least until the end of 2021.

Then they could start to code their promised Mig-23 and F-15. This would need another 4 years at least, so maybe end of 2025.

Then they could start to code the Bo, which would probably take two years. So you could expect it at the end of 2026.

If they stick to their promises and work with the same speed...

Oh, I forgot the Super Tucano and Bronco, which are also already developed by them.

I'm highly excited to see how they'll do that all. We all know that coding is their weak spot, and all open tasks are pretty codeing intensive.

They just have two system, and one FM coder. But maybe they're hiring, who knows...

Please Stick to the Topic without creating false roamers.

Thanks

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Great news Raz! Fired up to hear you gents took over on getting this iconic helo off the ground.

Forget the guys out there complaining about early access issues. I work in the defense industry and I guy on my team spent his entire time working with Harrier in the Marine Corp. The first time I fired it up on DCS for him, it was followed by several F-Bombs and OMG they got the sound right. He is really impressed as are the pilots I work with. People will always complain. You do not release a module into early access and they would complain about you taking to long to release it.

Really looking forward to buying this one from you. Grew up around Aerospatiale/American Eurocopter/ NOW Airbus Helicopters the vast majority of my child hood. Really looking forward to seeing more of their aircraft making its way into DCS.

I feel that Raz isn't abandoning anything, and are committed to fixing their other products. However, I think when they were approached about the BO, they saw an opportunity to help the community as a whole, and just recently decided they could do it.

Look, if you have doubts, I don't blame you. It does seem like some of you have been waiting quite a while. But I don't imagine this heli will show up before improvements to their earlier products. i wonder if the 105 will show in 2021 or 2022 ?

Thank you for helping to save the BO-105, Raz!

Edited by Rick50

It seems to me raz has really made a concerted effort at but squashing lately, and personally I don't mind partially completed mods- I have such a backlog of content & systems let's to get the hang of, that it may take a long time before I notice anything missing, not to mention I'm on stable, so by the time anything makes it my way a good amount of but quashing has already happened.

I'm just happy to see another Helo coming to fruition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I would love to see some discussion involving Razbam without viper2097's negativity... I guess you can't have one without the other around here.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I would love to see some discussion involving Razbam without viper2097's negativity... I guess you can't have one without the other around here.

You and many others im sure.

Please can we stay ON topic

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

You and many others im sure.

Please can we stay ON topic

Decoy,

Taking a personal open shot at Viper for his critcism is unprofessional. You may not like being criticized but the lack of Harrier progress has earned it. The announcement of another project is concerning and customer responses can be sure to land on the thread where they are generated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Optimism is lack of information". Nowhere's a better fit than here.

You just want to see that the harrier gets some real love (not only anouncements) and after several broken promises, missed updates, new modules and blah, blah, blah. You are you getting... "BO-105 - cooperation is official" :doh:

There should be more like viper2097 around here.

Decoy,

Taking a personal open shot at Viper for his critcism is unprofessional. You may not like being criticized but the lack of Harrier progress has earned it. The announcement of another project is concerning and customer responses can be sure to land on the thread where they are generated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And its not just the Harrier. The Mirage is currently in the worst state it has been in the past 3 years, much worse than it was a year ago sad.gif

So yeah, while I'm happy that the Bo-105 has finally found a place to get airborne, it is quite concerning that RAZBAM is promising more and more modules, without being able to finish their first two modules...

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yea, like it or not, but I find the omnipresent criticism quite understandable.Given the state of the Mirage and Harrier and the somewhat glacial development pace on the many open issues and bugs, you can expect some blowback after announcing yet another new project on your already full plate, different development teams or not..

Instead of taking shots at customers, maybe you could elaborate on why the bug fixing is so slow despite the stated priority of completing/fixing your released modules or why many bug reports aren‘t even acknowledged anymore?

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Perhaps you have now reached the point by wiping out such manufacturers by simply ignoring them ... and discussing everything back and forth is of no use. At least I will, because there are other positive examples here at DCS.

Or is it now offtopic again ...?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!