Next map after Malvinas

Bagpipe

I think Angola would be a great option. We're getting the mig-23 amd Mirage F-1. It would also be incentive for some to make the Buccaneer that so many want(although I don't have much feelings one way or the other for it).

Sadly though the Straight of Hormuz map getting renamed Persian Gulf probably says a a lot about this map's prospect though.

Yeah, true. There is a lot more landmass, but still, besides some bushes, it's pretty much vacant space. Most of the effort that goes into map-making goes into the coastline and cities.

And as to Apartheid, ED doesn't seem to have a problem with the Nazi's, so I don't see how they could use that as an excuse...?

I think Angola fits perfectly into DCS,

- low populated areas,

- classic cold war proxy war,

- lots of unofficial assistance from all over the world, on both sides....

- may assets from South Atlantic can be reused in Angola

- you can make believe its Congo, Botswana, Zibabwe, or any "what if" African conflicit...

Yes! Some support...

I'm actually going to get the 3D files for the Armscore mod for Arma. The guy who made them is keen, but we need someone who can convert them for DCS... Anyone willing...?

I'm also working on some SAAF liveries for aircraft that still need them... Will release a skin pack soon...

376026259_SAAFHurcs3.thumb.png.a5f6e827432ac2aa892a283826a6f4c6.png

Screen_200209_214328.thumb.png.6faa64b5d9955aeebada102b8ab9cd2d.png

Screen_200212_005318.thumb.png.2a99d0ad8fa104afaec843e3390d6327.png

Just to play devils advocate. Oversimplifying, how many units is each Soviet guards army, the 8th and the 1st. How many units are in the US V corps. Plus how much in the way of supply units and support units are we modeling. How many 100's of fighters are we modeling at any given moment? How many SAMS's Arty shells, tanks shells, and "bullets" etc are in flight at any given moment?
What I meant is, if you currently have issues running a mission with 300 units/objects bogging down your system in DCS, there is likely some bottleneck or general issue with your setup you may want to look into.

And actually when I started with DCS A-10C Warthog over 10 years ago, there where these typical mission generator clashes of roughly two tank/armored battalions and support troops fighting a similar opposition force on the unoptimized Caucasus map, on the old engine, limited by DX9 on ancient PC hardware. I haven't done a mass unit clash, yet, but the typical "The valley" campaign etc. should even perform better today than back in 2007?

A mission, does not require the involvement of the whole USSR 5th Army rolling over Europe, but the immediate environment your mission takes place. Spawning units as you approach them, or when they enter the engagement zone further reduces the load on the CPU at mission execution...

just saying. :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What I meant is, if you currently have issues running a mission with 300 units/objects bogging down your system in DCS, there is likely some bottleneck or general issue with your setup you may want to look into.

And actually when I started with DCS A-10C Warthog over 10 years ago, there where these typical mission generator clashes of roughly two tank/armored battalions and support troops fighting a similar opposition force on the unoptimized Caucasus map, on the old engine, limited by DX9 on ancient PC hardware. I haven't done a mass unit clash, yet, but the typical "The valley" campaign etc. should even perform better today than back in 2007?

A mission, does not require the involvement of the whole USSR 5th Army rolling over Europe, but the immediate environment your mission takes place. Spawning units as you approach them, or when they enter the engagement zone further reduces the load on the CPU at mission execution...

just saying. :dunno:

I personally don't. But the larger point is if you want the fulda gap circa 1950-1990, you are going to have to come to terms with the fact there were tens of thousands of units there at a bare minimum all going head to head. I mean 2 battalions going at it and dynamically generated yeah, maybe, but you gotta fly there getting shot by sams, interceptors, etc, then do your cas mission. Meanwhile WW3 is happening all around you, dynamically or scripted. So at this point in DCS, where actual "moving" units causes issues, I don't think WW3 in germany is a tenable map/scenario.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).