Harrier/Tarawa "Broken" on cold start. Starts in F10 menu.

Mezsh

Are you aware of the AV-8B/Tarawa bug? it's "broken" any Harrier mission that starts cold and dark on the Tawara (Inc. training missions). it was fine a couple of weeks ago, so something in the last 2 or 3 updates has broken it. The problem being that when you click "fly mission", the mission starts on the F10 menu, with no way of being able to get into the jet, and even if you change the mission to a hot/air start, it just freezes. Please fix soon, the AV-8B is pointless without carrier ops.

Yes me too. Went back to a mission that worked fine before last update. Harriers jump off the Tarawa and descend into the ocean and crash. Definitely a bug with "TAKEoff from runway". The mission worked fine many times of use before. Made no changes and now they crash just after takeoff.

Hello folks.

Thanks for your advise. As always we need a track file so we can check the issue. Sometimes we are unable to reproduce the problem and this is where the track file comes into play.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

How do I insert a track file? it's pretty easy to make one, just go to the main training mission for carrier ops and click "fly" mission, you'll get the same result and will be able to make your own track file. It seems to be broken for all Tarawa cold starts, but seems to work OK for hot start missions... which brings me to my next bug... If I don't take off immediately from the carrier, my wingman (somehow) just falls off the front of the carrier into the sea (creating a huge splash over the bow of the ship), but strangely, is still sat behind me on the carrier. If I take off immedaitely, he joins me in the air, no problem, but I have literally seconds to prepare my cockpit for takeoff to prevent this, but I'm more concerened with the cold starts being "broken" and the mission starting in the F10 map with no way to get into the jet...

I have the same problem. Just waiting for the Devs to fix it.:music_whistling:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

But to fix it they are waiting for you to post a track !

Ok, so if I choose Takeoff from Runway then I spawn on the Tawara with engines started and ready for takeoff. However, if I choose Takeoff from Ramp then this happens:

(Track file uploaded)

Harrier_Tarawa_RampStart.trk

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

I just posted it anyway. Let's see.

• 4 weeks later...

No track needed this is easily reproducible and affects both player flights and AI flights. Tarawa ATM is only available for start from Runway.

Edit: Did some quick testing helicopters are able to ramp from the Tarawa, which seems to indicate this is a Tarawa bug not the Harrier itself.

Also the Helicopters can only ramp from spot #4, as spots #1,#2,#3. Will guarantee a dive into the ocean.

Edited by lxsapper

Can confirm. Harrier ramp starts do in fact start the mission in the F10 map mode with no way to control the aircraft even when it is designated as 'player' controlled in the mission editor. Its that simple to reproduce, no track file should be needed.

Atleast ramp start is possible on the Admiral Kuznetsov. Yeah, not the same as the Tarawa but hey one can create a fictional scenario.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you aware of the AV-8B/Tarawa bug? it's "broken" any Harrier mission that starts cold and dark on the Tawara (Inc. training missions). it was fine a couple of weeks ago, so something in the last 2 or 3 updates has broken it. The problem being that when you click "fly mission", the mission starts on the F10 menu, with no way of being able to get into the jet, and even if you change the mission to a hot/air start, it just freezes. Please fix soon, the AV-8B is pointless without carrier ops.

click back out in to spectators and then back in to the aircraft slot. Hey presto!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I go by 'Gryphon' on MP. Intel Core i7 9700K OC 5GB. 32GB DDR4 4300Mhz Crucial RGB Ballistix OC. Corsair Hydro Series H100. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F. EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC. * 2 Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB. Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA3 FireCuda SSHD. TMaster T.16000m FCS HOTAS. Track IR.

Yes it is working now! Thank you

There seems to be a difference. Before on carriers if you selected, take off from runway, you did not get an option. Now I can select from which spot on the carrier I wish to take off from.

Previously this was the way it worked for ramp start. Since the new patch the Ramp start and runway start location selections have been reversed it seems.

So how would you do that in single player, or in the training missions?...

Only as an FYI, in ME on the left toward the top, the icon with two flags, one waving to the left and one to the right, allows you to enter how many observers, tactical commanders, joint tactical commanders and game masters are allowed on each side. Set at least one of them above 0 and you will see it in the select slot menu.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1