Tarawa Updates

gunterlund21

At a guess no. Soonest I'd expect anything would with the release of the new DCS carrier module which will have some impact on all carrier ops.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, the Tarawa is useless online for the most part, unless you want to click a billion times to try to spawn. But its an ED issue, the Kuz does the same thing.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 months later...
With the supercarrier close at hand will we finally get back to making the Tarawa a functional ship?

Maybe good news next year. After all its only been beoken for 1.5 years so far.

acacbd0098d95c9f35d5c8411a800729.jpg

I suppose the developers are still on their holidays. Or they are too afraid to look at this forum after leaving it unmoderated for weeks.

I asked about the harrier support for Supercarrier and Razbam didnt reply while Wags said that they have no plans to support it for those ships. Wonder if we will ever see crew animations for jumpjets.

I want to believe in Razbam because I love the harrier for being such a unique jet in DCS. Wishing them good luck with the carrier and harrier support for 2020.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

I would be already happy if the one eyed lights in VR could be fixed...

Thats likely a prformance improvment.

• 3 weeks later...
I truly hope we see something along the lines of the super carrier for the Tarawa.

Forget that in 2020. I'd just be happy with a proper working Tarawa this year without the stupid AI driving up my backside on the deck as I start up along with being to use it in multiplayer. It has been effectively dysfunctional for 1-2 years. All I am asking from ED and Razbam is for the ability to use the Harrier on the Tarawa as it should be.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I don't really see what the super carrier has to do with the Tarawa. No where have i see any statement by Razbam that they will be able to use any new code from ED to better that boat. The only ting i would think might be really useful is the general code for the deck sliding issues many modules have on ships. But i feel thats about it. Maybe the night lighting.

But when we look at the Tarawa, and see how many ai assets are being shown for the Falklands map, and i am sure we should be able to land on some of them, i fear the worst.

But, Razbam themselves just recently stated again that DCS is a by-product from their other business operations so that probably explains a lot about their bug fixing priorities and speed of product development.

But, Razbam themselves just recently stated again that DCS is a by-product from their other business operations so that probably explains a lot about their bug fixing priorities and speed of product development.

Would you provide the source to this quote ? I don't remember reading such thing on these forums or their Discord server. Thank you.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

A post on their discord from Thursday in the bo-105 channel. It's not about being angry but about setting ones expectations straight. Even fairly feature complete modules seem to take ages to get finished. So it's not easy to judge from the state of an EA module on EA release date how long it will take until it is finished and bug free. Especially since every dev. here seems to be working on various modules other than the ones already in EA the entire thing becomes very hard to predict as an enduser.

Edited by sc_neo

Thank you guys for the answer, I didn't know DCS was only a part of their business. A lot of things are a lot clearer knowing this, thank you again.

If you enter in their page, you can see, DCS looks like is their market. Cheap excuses.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

Looks like the Tarawa continues to benefit from the AI Carrier changes DCS is doing. AI Harriers are landing more realistically. One glitch so far... if you land two AI Groups of 4 on the deck with STatics in the foresection, the lead plane of the second group will collide with a parked aircraft as its trying to park in a filled position. The other 7 however are finding slots.

Also some aircraft tend to land directly on the deck instead of an offset hover landing... its really close though.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

• 1 month later...

looks like Tarawa took a huge step backwards. As stated before 2 builds ago the AI harriers to doing a proper landing by hovering next to the ship sliding over landing then taxing off. Now they have gone back to their old ways of trying to land normally like the supercarrier and dont taxl. AI is useless on the current build with the Tarawa.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

looks like Tarawa took a huge step backwards. As stated before 2 builds ago the AI harriers to doing a proper landing by hovering next to the ship sliding over landing then taxing off. Now they have gone back to their old ways of trying to land normally like the supercarrier and dont taxl. AI is useless on the current build with the Tarawa.

It seems ED had to change a chunk of the core to implement the SuperCarrier.

This broke all the other ships, FARPS, and even airfields with automatic parking allocation.

I'd like to believe ED share details of what exactly gets changed each build to help 3rd parties speedily fix stuff but uh... am not optimistic

Bummer. 2 steps forward 1 step back i guess. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.