A7 Corsair

shar321

Pretty sure the Hornet and Tomcat work just fine from land. I'm sure the A-7 would as well ;)

I'm still not even convinced its happening though. Harrier and Mirage finished sometime 2021 maybe "declared finished" in 2020. Mig-23 2021 that gives F-15E 2022/2023, A-29 2024, Sea Harrier 2025 ish, HarrierII +?, Pucara 2026ish, Super Entenard 2027 ish, Mirage 3 2028 ish? And thats being generous with only a year to develop each. Also the Bronco has been teased and they might be helping code the Bo-105. As excited as I am about the idea of an A-7 I have to remind myself to manage expectations.

Pretty sure the Hornet and Tomcat work just fine from land. I'm sure the A-7 would as well ;)

I'm still not even convinced its happening though. Harrier and Mirage finished sometime 2021 maybe "declared finished" in 2020. Mig-23 2021 that gives F-15E 2022/2023, A-29 2024, Sea Harrier 2025 ish, HarrierII +?, Pucara 2026ish, Super Entenard 2027 ish, Mirage 3 2028 ish? And thats being generous with only a year to develop each. Also the Bronco has been teased and they might be helping code the Bo-105. As excited as I am about the idea of an A-7 I have to remind myself to manage expectations.

Yeah, thats my biggest worry, not new modules. The Razbam dance card is pretty full TBH, plus older module maintenance as ED keeps "updating/breaking" the world.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 1 month later...
So with the A7 announced now by a different company, is Razbams version now just done?

How does this even work? did you guys discuss with them and decided to let them have it, or does announcing it first means they get dibs?

There's a difference between planned and announced. I think we've seen pictures of a rough port of their FSX A-7 in DCS, but a fair assumption is if there's no deal signed with ED it's fair game. Hopefully the different devs would have a gentleman's agreement not to poach other's modules, but I'm guessing Razbam isn't too upset given the years long backlog of modules they have.

From FlyingIron Sims website: https://flyingironsimulations.com/blogs/news/dcs-a-7e-corsair-ii-by-flyingiron-sims

"Today we're very excited to announce that the papers have been signed & the ink is now dry: we are ready to unveil our latest project.

It brings us great excitement to say that FlyingIron Simulations is coming to DCS World by Eagle Dynamics!"

Other than glossing over what papers were signed, it looks like an official announcement.

From FlyingIron Sims website: https://flyingironsimulations.com/blogs/news/dcs-a-7e-corsair-ii-by-flyingiron-sims

"Today we're very excited to announce that the papers have been signed & the ink is now dry: we are ready to unveil our latest project.

It brings us great excitement to say that FlyingIron Simulations is coming to DCS World by Eagle Dynamics!"

Other than glossing over what papers were signed, it looks like an official announcement.

That's my point. Since Flying Iron Simulation announced the deal with ED the A-7 is for them to make.

Good luck.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

That is splendid news ! It will be finished sooner then Mirage.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

M-2000 my best module ( with F-14 and F-16 ).

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Except the flying iron A7E will be a late 80's version, not the VN version.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

There is only one aircraft in DCS that uses nukes and that is the 21 bis. there is no support for a proper simulation (it acts as an overpowered Mk84) and ED has shown no interest in ever developing them in the sim. I highly doubt they are on FlyingIron's priority list for the A7.

Yeah, I would never expect any more nukes in DCS. ED has flat out said they won't officially support them.

so from what I'm seeing on the wiki this jet can take nukes and since 1 nuke is for suckers it can take Up to 4× B28, B43, B57, B61 or B83 nuclear bombs. lol this going to be in-game?

The entire strategic concept of developing the Harrier was to carry tactical nukes.

As Harlikwin pointed out, ED will never introduce nukes into DCS. I wish people would stop drooling over them.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I would be happy with 3rd part developers doing exactly what the MiG-21Bis devs did with their "nuke" because everyone knows that it's just jank and serves no real purpose other than "lol nukes" and is banned from every server.

I'm also happy with ED's policy on never officially supporting them.

so from what I'm seeing on the wiki this jet can take nukes and since 1 nuke is for suckers it can take Up to 4× B28, B43, B57, B61 or B83 nuclear bombs. lol this going to be in-game?

Unlikely, they're pointless and cause tremendous computer crushing lag everytime something like that is out in a game.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

MIG-21 has nuke in DCS or has it been removed for balance :)? You thought F-18 was the shit in A2G but you were wrong:)

Its still there, and a few online servers allow it, but the overwhelming majority ban the nuke.