DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

4 minutes ago, Кош said:

Hey that's too hard on him)))) Even Soviets used US AAMs))))))))))))

Soviets copied (literally) AIM-9A and produced own K-13 that gave them plenty of experience.

But after that Soviets made own missiles. And they got very creative with them.

While Sweden did use US made weapons, they practically built all rest of aircraft with their own experience using the technology parts US offered. Sweden is one of the largest weapon suppliers, even before USA existed. 

Sweden is not a peaceful country but sells weapons to everyone who is interested. It was one of the major kingdoms back at the time and very aggressive conquerer, even when it didn't get such dominance like GB did. But Sweden is a Great Power state.

Sweden has done many great advancements and productions, but it keeps low profile in them. Swedish know how to do business and they don't feel shamed if they buy something to be used in theirs, when others don't know what they even sold to them.

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

1 час назад, Fri13 сказал:

Did you see the smileys?

I'm a fan of Swedish hardware myself(because it's different from both US AND Soviet hardware), my concern was the DrPepper's tone.

• Like 2

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

21 minutes ago, Кош said:

Did you see the smileys?

Nope. And smileys can be used multiple bad ways:

"him)))) Even Soviets used US AAMs))))))))))))"

That is what I see. 

21 minutes ago, Кош said:

I'm a fan of Swedish hardware myself(because it's different from both US AND Soviet hardware), my concern was the DrPepper's tone.

Well, he can be happy etc for Swedish tech, but it doesn't mean it is to be concerned about. It is more about the correctness that should be. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2021 at 9:25 AM, Fri13 said:

Soviets copied (literally) AIM-9A and produced own K-13 that gave them plenty of experience.

While Sweden did use US made weapons, they practically built all rest of aircraft with their own experience using the technology parts US offered. Sweden is one of the largest weapon suppliers, even before USA existed. 

Sweden is not a peaceful country but sells weapons to everyone who is interested. It was one of the major kingdoms back at the time and very aggressive conquerer, even when it didn't get such dominance like GB did. But Sweden is a Great Power state.

Sweden has done many great advancements and productions, but it keeps low profile in them. Swedish know how to do business and they don't feel shamed if they buy something to be used in theirs, when others don't know what they even sold to them.

Already we were discussing this few times on this forum, K-13 is NOT a AIM-9B copy, Soviets used Sidewinder missile as a sample and built similar thing, R-3 variant was reverse engineered for test purposes, serial production variant R-3S had more differencies than similarities, different engine with longer burn time, completely new gas generator and because of that twice longer guided flight time, different IR detector gimbal construction and because of this bigger scan angles, completely different gyro rollerons construction, rolleron blokade not existing on AIM-9 etc. K-13 (R-3S) is not a copy, but based on AIM-9.

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

The question becomes will we be seeing R-13m1 and R-14 missiles with the Mig-23? While decidedly old technology it still allows for some interesting mission ideas to be developed. I just hope people who make missions understand the design and function of the Mig-23 as it was intended and decide to incorporate it correctly into the world they build. Time will only tell but I am hoping that it will be as fun as the Mig-19 and 21 in gameplay. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 6:08 PM, Prowler111 said:

Thanks for opening the thread

The team behind is the same team behind the MiG-19, as so, Overstratos is the guy 3d developing this beast, this is his "sweet girl", he is absolutely devoted to it.

The version that will be available is the MLA, why? because it's the version we have access to, the real plane, in all it's glory so accuracy wont be a problem.

As for release date, none whatsoever right now, there are some other projects STILL in 3d art department that need to be finished 1st, being one of these, the MiG-19.

As usual, regular work in progress pics will be posted, either here or in FB.

Now in the 4h year, MiG-19 is still in early access

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
2020/1/25 PM3点35分,OverStratos说:

When compared with slatted Phantoms, the ITR is comparable, with a slight advantage of the MiG-23MLA with the wings in 45º position. With the wing in the 35º position (usually used by MLA pilots) it will be superior. STR is superior.

I remembered the 33-36° position is introduced only on MLD level, and MLA only get original 16-45-72, which is 18°-47°40'-74°40' in fact.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
20 minutes ago, Paladin489 said:

i still wonder why they didn't center the sight

tradition I suppose, back when gunsight reflectors were very small it made sense to center it on the pilot's dominant eye instead of the aircraft centerline.
but I will say from having sat in the 23 it's really not noticeable in person, it only seems off in photos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, æck said:

tradition I suppose, back when gunsight reflectors were very small it made sense to center it on the pilot's dominant eye instead of the aircraft centerline.
but I will say from having sat in the 23 it's really not noticeable in person, it only seems off in photos.

thats good to know, maybe it won't be (too) noticeable when in the sim

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 9:46 AM, foxbat155 said:

Already we were discussing this few times on this forum, K-13 is NOT a AIM-9B copy, Soviets used Sidewinder missile as a sample and built similar thing, R-3 variant was reverse engineered for test purposes, serial production variant R-3S had more differencies than similarities, different engine with longer burn time, completely new gas generator and because of that twice longer guided flight time, different IR detector gimbal construction and because of this bigger scan angles, completely different gyro rollerons construction, rolleron blokade not existing on AIM-9 etc. K-13 (R-3S) is not a copy, but based on AIM-9.

Pretty sure the seeker was the same, at least in the earlier ones, K-13 and K-13A are different and the later one I've seen some different numbers on (to include things like lower track rates and worse settling times). But yes, different engine/gas generator. 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:53 PM, Zpigman said:

The question becomes will we be seeing R-13m1 and R-14 missiles with the Mig-23? While decidedly old technology it still allows for some interesting mission ideas to be developed. I just hope people who make missions understand the design and function of the Mig-23 as it was intended and decide to incorporate it correctly into the world they build. Time will only tell but I am hoping that it will be as fun as the Mig-19 and 21 in gameplay. 

Probably not R-14 since it didn't see service. And there isn't a ton known about about the R-13M1 from what I've been able to dig up at least in terms of specific numbers for various important parameters since the 13M1 was not exported and was in a sense obsolete by the introduction of the R60/M and R73's. 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Finally read all 45 pages on this thread, Im still not 100% sure but Im guessing we're not getting the N008 as part of the MLA upgrades toward MLD

so it'll be N003 (correct me if i missed anything)

also do we have any news about the progression of the module or any road map with it, ive seen 2024 somewhere but who doesn't hope for it before that right ^^

2 hours ago, Paladin489 said:

Finally read all 45 pages on this thread, Im still not 100% sure but Im guessing we're not getting the N008 as part of the MLA upgrades toward MLD

so it'll be N003 (correct me if i missed anything)

also do we have any news about the progression of the module or any road map with it, ive seen 2024 somewhere but who doesn't hope for it before that right ^^

Yeah N003. We're not getting an MLD, it will be the iraqi modded MLA, which had a few upgrades from the MLD (RWR, flares etc)

Best guess is 2023 or 2024. The Eagle still isn't out and most likely their coders are busy with it. So likely a limited coding effort till the 15E is out. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

10 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah N003. We're not getting an MLD, it will be the iraqi modded MLA, which had a few upgrades from the MLD (RWR, flares etc)

Best guess is 2023 or 2024. The Eagle still isn't out and most likely their coders are busy with it. So likely a limited coding effort till the 15E is out. 

Thanks for the info on the radar, I lowkey wanted the vertical scan capability but I'm more than pleased with the rest

2 hours ago, Paladin489 said:

Thanks for the info on the radar, I lowkey wanted the vertical scan capability but I'm more than pleased with the rest

You will have to dogfight the old fashioned way komrade. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

which had a few upgrades from the MLD (RWR, flares etc)

it's more of a side upgrade rather than something taken from MLD, the flares in the Iraqi modification are ASO-2, which are 26mm compared to the MLD's 50mm flares.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, MysteriousHonza said:

As of now, is full fid spo-15 still planned? 😅

yes

• 2 months later...