[OUTDATED] Our roadmap

Prowler111

Leatherneck Simulations is a company in direct competition with RAZBAM for modules. Why would they ever, without a hefty licensing fee, give their code away to RAZBAM to use?

I would not consider it direct, as they are making entirely different aircraft.

Direct competition would entail competing towards creating a same module ( or at least subversion or era specific update of the same Airframe), and the higher quality module being of the same aircraft being selected from the two for sale by ED.

as such the old saying applies

"Different strokes for different Folks"

since various different people have specific interests in certain aircraft. they simply may not like other irregardless of what 3rd party makes them. AS for most pure of aviation enthusiasts for those whoe enjoy all types of frames, theyl simply buy it all, so everyone ends up with sales.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
A-7 is going to happen, when i posted pics of what we have in the sim i was clear about it, thing is, we have to get our stuff right, and this is what I´m working right now, as a 3d developer. The A-7 is also my work, so it will have to wait until i have time to devote to it accordingly.

About the T-2C..it´s pretty much shelved, even as we have lots of work in it, but not a priority of any kind for the time being, It´s was a great learning platform, it might see the light of DCS, but i guess you´ll rather see some A-7 than a T-2, right?

It's not exactly that trainers are a bad thing. After getting the L-39 I've totally changed my mind about them. Some are a great planes but well, if the question is T-2 or A-7 first the answer is quite obvious: A-7 all the way!

I have to say I have limited interest in the mig19 and MIII, I think DCS products should solely at the moment focused on 3.5-4.5 gen aircraft and build that core well.

That said, I will gladly buy them simply to support you guys, the M2000 is my go to plane in Blue flags and you guys did an amazing job supporting it. And i do that in the hope that we will see more focus on the 3.5-4.5 gen aircraft. Heck i even bought 4 copies of the m2000 for some friends.

That's really narrow way of thinking. There are a lot of other people that would love the get MiG-19 or any other "vintage" aircraft. I'm quite sure that anything from list of: MiG-17, MiG-19, MiG-23, Su-17/22, Su-24, Su25, F-4 would trigger a hype train, probably even a bigger one than another early 4'th gen fither (unless it's a MiG-29).

I would even say an opposite. After Normandy, DCS should focus on Korea (1-st gen jets) and then Vietnam (2-nd, early 3-rd gen jets) to build a base of assets in consistant way. Focusing on 4'th gen first is like starting to build a house from the roof.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Can I curiously ask what about any possible version of the A-6?

Since a loooong time ago it's one of those planes I feel the need for. :P

Sorry, but the book "Flight of the Intruder" and subsequently Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam really had me.

Thanks anyway to RAZBAM for all their collective efforts! :thumbup:

Although I understand the reasons behind it, it saddens my heart to not see the A-7 on the road map. I was so much looking forward to this bird.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Although I understand the reasons behind it, it saddens my heart to not see the A-7 on the road map. I was so much looking forward to this bird.

Seems like you still have the chance

A-7 is going to happen, when i posted pics of what we have in the sim i was clear about it, thing is, we have to get our stuff right, and this is what I´m working right now, as a 3d developer. The A-7 is also my work, so it will have to wait until i have time to devote to it accordingly.

About the T-2C..it´s pretty much shelved, even as we have lots of work in it, but not a priority of any kind for the time being, It´s was a great learning platform, it might see the light of DCS, but i guess you´ll rather see some A-7 than a T-2, right?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Seems like you still have the chance

I know, but it will take longer than I hoped for. :)

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...
where is my f-15e????

Same the only one im waiting for. :cry:

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

where is my f-15e????

Probably another three to six years down the road depending on how much RAZBAM already have done. Personally, I think we'll see the Jaguar GR1A, A-6E Intruder and A-7E Corsair II on the roadmap before we see the F-15E.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"