Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

Teeter

Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Feelers - RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 Pucará

• Yes, I would (please reply to this thread to explain why)
    • No, I wouldn't (please reply to this thread to explain why)

Just a feeler thread to gauge to interest in the IA 58 Pucará.

131014_%20IA-58%20Pucara.jpg

1920px-Pucara_armamento_picture.jpg

"The FMA IA 58 Pucará (Quechua: Fortress) is an Argentine ground-attack and counter-insurgency (COIN) aircraft manufactured by the Fábrica Militar de Aviones. It is a low-wing twin-turboprop all-metal monoplane with retractable landing gear, capable of operating from unprepared strips when operationally required. The type saw action during the Falklands War and the Sri Lankan Civil War."

Simple question, would you like to see the RAZBAM DCS: IA 58 become a reality?

Edited by Teeter
  • Thanks 1

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Voted no. I am all for more planes in DCS, but IMO we have more than enough light attack aircraft. C101CC/EB, HAWK, L39C/ZA and of course your upcoming Tucano.

Older jets and WW2 prop aircraft would be more suitable for less complex modules. Think Dassault Mystère IV, F9 Cougar, F-84, F-105 etc. With the F-86 v MiG-15 and MiG-21 v F-5, more stuff fleshing out these eras would be well received, without going into incredibly complex aircraft of the A-10C/F/A-18C variety. Although I am sure that more complex stuff is always welcome.

Alternatively, more specialized aircraft might be a good idea.

I voted no, because the Tucano is already upcoming along with possibly a super tucano.

If the interest is additional simple system prop models, I'd instead like to see further expansion on the scope and variety of WW2 prop planes. Perhaps even WW2 bombers?

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

I voted no, because the Tucano is already upcoming along with possibly a super tucano.

If the interest is additional simple system prop models, I'd instead like to see further expansion on the scope and variety of WW2 prop planes. Perhaps even WW2 bombers?

Agree.I voted no also for these reasons.

Voted yes to this. It is a unique aircraft and used in areas of the world where a new DCS map would be most interesting. In short, it is something different than what you would normally see.

I agree completely. Though it is a huge leap to say a Pucara might lead to a Falklands Island map and campaign..it is certainly a step. I'd buy it in a second. I've dreamed of a Harrier/Pucara/A-4/Mirage type Falklands scenario for decades...

BeachAV8R

I voted for YES. I would hope that this twin turboprop could lay the foundation for other twin propellor aircraft like the B-25, A-20, Mosquito, Do-217, Ju-88, E-2 or others that RAZBAM could gather enough info on and has in interest in simulating. All of the aircraft I mentioned have an interest in the upcoming WW2 and naval content and could allow RAZBAM to appeal to those markets.

If the IA58 variant that RAZBAM intends to simulate includes the capabilty to deploy the Mk13 torpedo, and naval related development in the global DCS world sphere is as good as I am feeling hype for, that would justify a purchase for me.

Check my F-15C guide

Voted No. Limited use in most maps due to country of origin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I voted yes...

My first thought is: Why not? Its a cool bird with some (limited?) experience behind it...I'm certain a proper mission/campaign/map maker could make this 1000x better than it seems at first glance.

I'd like a few other things first though...F-15E!... :D

Anyway, if we're talking COIN birds, A-29!

(snip) F-105 (snip)

^^Or this, this would make me very happy!

Edited by Sweep
words and things, ya know?

Lord of Salt

voted no: i expect heavier aircraft (

attack plane / fighter)

Why do need another light aircraft? when it is expected Tucano similar purpose ... this type of light aircraft has little interest in terms of combat use in DCS ...

... Helicopters in Razbam are not planned?

по земле скучно ходить...

вот по этому и летаем🙂

* MSI Z790 TOMAHAWK * i7-13700KF * Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti 8GB *

* G.SKILL Trident z5 DDR5 6000Мгц * M2 SSD 1TB * Arctic LF ll 280 *

No, my reasons:

1) Not produced in significant numbers.

2) Didn't participate in a meaningful way in any major wars.

3) Doesn't have any unusual or interesting weapons/systems.

4) Doesn't fill a gap or add any new interesting capability to DCS.

5) Seems completely redundant with the AT-27 Tucano.

Edited by King_Hrothgar
added 5th reason

I voted no, but it's a soft "no". :)

I like the idea of the Pucara and the unique features it brings to DCS. It's more a matter of what would come with it.

If you created a Falklands map or some other ideal/realistic theater with supporting units for a complete scenario - then I'm all for it and would definitely buy it.

But in the absence of those supporting features, it has much less appeal.

I think that upcoming modules should be selected to "fit" into the existing DCS theaters - maximizing their utility and potential fun.

The AV-8B is a great example, it fits in perfectly to the Black Sea, NTTR, and Strait of Hormuz. There are so many options for campaigns and a wide variety of scenarios (even more so if a LHD carrier is created at some point).

My 2 cents,

-Nick

Voted no! The Pucará it's a very limited aircraft! I would prefer the Super Tucano!

Why not the F-117? :D

Waiting for the F-15E. AV-8B and Tucano! :-D

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A no, but a conditional no: I can dig having more prop planes in DCS, and having more attack-focused prop planes in DCS, but I can't say I much care to have another modern COIN aircraft in game. I'd much prefer something to fill in the gaps we currently have in DCS. Maybe a skyraider, or a multi-engined WWII aircraft could be neat. If we're really digging into my particular wishlist, I'd kill for a proper strategic bomber.

All that being said, this aircraft could be neat, depending on which model was done. I know only one aircraft was ever so-equipped, but having a torpedo-capable IA 58 would bring an interesting new capability to the stable of flyable DCS aircraft.

A no, but a conditional no: I can dig having more prop planes in DCS, and having more attack-focused prop planes in DCS, but I can't say I much care to have another modern COIN aircraft in game. I'd much prefer something to fill in the gaps we currently have in DCS. Maybe a skyraider, or a multi-engined WWII aircraft could be neat. If we're really digging into my particular wishlist, I'd kill for a proper strategic bomber.

All that being said, this aircraft could be neat, depending on which model was done. I know only one aircraft was ever so-equipped, but having a torpedo-capable IA 58 would bring an interesting new capability to the stable of flyable DCS aircraft.

The Skyraider would be nice! But I prefer the Super Tucano.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Voted No. Limited use in most maps due to country of origin.

i dont think anyone really gives a f about nationality if it's a plane they want to fly. nobody complains about the redfor israeli f-15s on the 104th for example.

im all for exotic planes and i think scenario content is fantastic :thumbup:

I voted no. Not because it's not a cool aircraft, but because DCS already has enough light attack aircraft and I think something like that would probably suffer in the DCS environment we have right now. I'd rather you guys work on fleshing out the very interesting collection of jets being built in the 70s and 80s timeframe.