F-15E?

JazonXD

I hope they have been working on the F-15 all along since they showed the previews way back. Maybe they will surprise us after the release of the Mirage.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

I hope they have been working on the F-15 all along since they showed the previews way back. Maybe they will surprise us after the release of the Mirage.

hahaha, that's so optimistic and enthusiastic of you ;)

If no F-15E then we gotta get a F-15C clickableee

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

No one answered me! what happened to IRIS F-15E?

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

This is an interesting development. However I just don't see RAZBAM being able to obtain the technical information needed to produce an accurate sim.

yes, but interestingly, searching on Google will find you many pictures of Razbam's F-15E development in the past. They actually said that the avionics are almost completely finished and there are pictures of the MFDs working etc. Althoguh it's modern, it's still a 80s to 90s plane and there are enough information i would think (hopefully)

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

yes, but interestingly, searching on Google will find you many pictures of Razbam's F-15E development in the past. They actually said that the avionics are almost completely finished and there are pictures of the MFDs working etc. Althoguh it's modern, it's still a 80s to 90s plane and there are enough information i would think (hopefully)

An older version of F-15 should be doable and RAZBAM has already done work on it.

F-15E would be a money maker.

F-15E would be a money maker.

BASICALLY. I'll be the #1 supporter if they get the things right :thumbup:

I'd be buying 3 F-15E's myself alone, one for me to fly, and the other two for my WSO / RIO 's :)

The WSO / RIO role is a great thing for DCS because it would allow people who don't have a TrackIR and a HOTAS/Pedals and all of that to enjoy DCS as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Pointless until an A2G Radar is implemented into the engine.....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

U say that now, but if RB or anyo e released a module with the entire A2G radar MIA, people would have a fit.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

LNS is planning to release a plane with A2G radar in the next month allegedly. On a related note, is there anything the F-15E does that the F/A-18C doesn't? I mean in terms of weapons and how they are delivered.

F-15E is much better performance wise I'm pretty sure. Flies faster as well. Only thing it doesn't do as well is low speed dogfighting and also F-15E can't do SEAD. Otherwise, 15E has more bombs and stuff it can carry. (a theoretical maximum of 12 GBU-12s under just the belly). Also, the 15E is just more awesome in my opinion :D

Also, the 15E is just more awesome in my opinion :Dattachment.php?attachmentid=128837&d=1448933590

pic courtesy skate

who wouldnt want one of these?

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

U say that now, but if RB or anyo e released a module with the entire A2G radar MIA, people would have a fit.

Skate how far of do you think the Bug is from releasing? And would they wait to release it with the Hormuz map.

The other question I would posse would be, would ED allow another company to use their ground radar code for their own aircraft. Or would each developers have to produce their own. If ED is willing to share or more likely licence the coding that could speed up development significantly in the short run.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Also, the 15E is just more awesome in my opinion :D[snip]

pic courtesy skate

who wouldnt want one of these?

hahahaha, exactly! :D

On a related note, is there anything the F-15E does that the F/A-18C doesn't? I mean in terms of weapons and how they are delivered.

+1

I really don't understand why people are so much into the F-15E.

Let aside the look and the number of bombs it can carry, there's not a single thing it can do that the F/A-18C cannot.

Plus the Hornet is truly multirole, and carrier capable.

Once ED's Hornet is released, from a gameplay standpoint the Strike Eagle will be pointless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

+1

Let aside the look and the number of bombs it can carry, there's not a single thing it can do that the F/A-18C cannot.

Once ED's Hornet is released, from a gameplay standpoint the Strike Eagle will be pointless.

From when It was all about gameplay? I thought this was for simulating combat aircraft.

+1

Yeah, lets stop development of DCS after the F/A-18C is released.

Everything can be done by the Hornet, there is no point in adding anything else

/s

So many amazing aircraft, so little time. :)

I do hope the Strike Eagle gets some love after the Mirage.

How much does ED share its assets with 3rd party developers? I'd assume there would be a lot shared considering they are developing and profiting off the same platform. From the looks of the cockpit, the modelling and texture has got to be completed now. And then the PFM from the F-15C has got the be exactly the same if not, maybe only slight adjustments.

Other than flight models and art assets, would else would need to be completed? What special features does the Strike Eagle bring that would need careful programming done on it?

+1

It may share the same role, but the F-15 is much more maneuverable. Plus it would be nice to have a clickable F-15 cockpit. Its all in the fun. It's not like RAZBAM has many other projects in development. That we know about at least. What would you prefer them work on after the Mirage?

Edited by spacenavy90

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

Not too heavily loaded F-15E would probably still be more agile than F-18C at high speeds and higher altitudes. F-18 is more at home for low speed, high alpha fighting as far as I know. Also, F-15 will climb better, and is much, much faster.

Loaded heavily, they both would handle like trucks I guess, but still I think F-15 would tolerate heavier loads better than F-18.

As for the capability differences, Strike Eagle can carry and use pretty long ranged attack missiles like AGM-130 and AGM-142, which are. Also the huge, TV guided (I guess fire and forget?) GBU-15 bombs (well AGM-130 is this bomb with a rocket engine attached to it as well ability to be controlled from cockpit).

Weapons like AGM-130 and AGM-142 can be pretty interesting to use. You fire them from a standoff range, and a datalink between missile and aircraft will feed video captured by missile to the aircraft, from where the operator can steer the missile once desired target is captured in video stream.

Both aircraft are interesting and no, having an aircraft of a role does not make other aircraft of the same category pointless.

Late F-15E can indeed be considered 4.5 gen but, early 90s F-15E might (hopefully) be more plausible to make.

Although I tend to be more interested in Russian and European aircraft, F-15E is one of the aircraft I want most to have.

Although, FC3 would really not do justice to it. Some aircraft can be nice to hav but, for complex and interesting aircraft like F-16 or F-15E, it would be a real shame.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I originally wanted a f-15E, but now I am not so enthusiastic about the idea. A 1980's F-16, with Aim 7 SARH missiles, would better fit the DCS World multiplayer environment, overall, would be much more likely to have accurately modeled ASM, when compared to a 4.5 Generation plane, would present a much better competitive match up with other DCS rides, such as the Mirage 2000c or a possible future Mig-29. A multiplayer environment free from a single dominant AIM-120 chucking 4.5 Generation plane, with highly questionable ASM, is more important to me than getting the F-15E, right now. A F-16 is a popular ride, a realistic ally and opponent for the Mirage 2000, Mig-29, and other future DCS 4th Generation fighters, is not a category killer, able to dominate all other rides. A hghly accurate simulation of a 1980's F-16, featuring ASM & PFM or EFM that is like PFM, is hands down a super complement to the current and future DCS add-ons, when compared to a 4.5 Generation F-15E, with highly questionable ASM. :thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

A 1980's F-16, with Aim 7 SARH missiles,

You can stop right there as this doesn't exist apart from the ADF one which entered service AFTER the F-15E.

a 1980's F-16 is a better complement to the current and future DCS add-ons, than the 4.5 Generation F-15E. :thumbup: MJ

Just what do you think the difference in generations is there between the "mid '80s" F-16C and the 1988 F-15E?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!