F-15E?

JazonXD

I was curious and I searched up "DCS F-15E" on Google and I was surprised to find that there were many pictures and threads about F-15E model by Razbam. I was really excited, then I looked at the date the posts were made and realized they were like 2 years old and then I got sad... so what happened to the F-15E module? I WOULD KILL FOR A MODULE AND PRE ORDER THE SHIT OUT OF IT :pilotfly:

F-15_a_zps02680e6b.jpg

Edited by JazonXD
  • Like 1

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

They are busy with their first aircraft right now.

Don't ask me why these dev's seem to think they need to announce a handful of projects so far in advance, but there you go. Doesn't mean, though, that this F-15E project will never happen. You just cannot do them all in parallel and they take time, sometimes longer than expected.

Remember NTTR was at one point going to be part of the A10C project -- now 4-5 years later we are just starting to enjoy it. As Wags says, everything is subject to change. Took way longer than originally thought, but it still got released.

Actually compared to some of the other projects we've seen, 2 years really isn't all that long. Might be flying your Strike Eagle in another 2 years. Who can say?

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Would love to have a properly working Mudhen.

My only fear would be that for a proper F-15E you would need either an AI pilot or an AI WSO that is pretty great in order to have fun playing it alone. Otherwise it is MP only. And you have to find a pilot/WSO that fits your style of play. Or if it is too easy to effectively fly and fight in it alone you won't find anyone at all.

We know Leatherneck are trying to do that for for the F-14 and we don't know whether it will work well (yet).

So that is a risk for development of course. I hope RAZBAM decides to try and pull it off. But to be honest: I'd be almost equally happy with a single seat multi-role jet that fills roughly the same role.

EDIT: The whole thing is the same for an A-6 btw.

Can I ask what happened to IRIS F-15E? they have even pulled out the FSX version!

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Is don't see a clears flyable Counterpart to face the F-15E for the same task. As you can see all have you get till the date is: HUEY vs Mi-8, F-86 vs Mig-15, trainers jet from several countries, Germans WWII vs Western Allies WWII,

Future counterparts:

Mig-21 vs F-5 (Planned), Polyshop team choppers (planned) vs Ka-50.

I don't see any announced for the near future counterpart for the F-15E

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is don't see a clears flyable Counterpart to face the F-15E for the same task. As you can see all have you get till the date is: HUEY vs Mi-8, F-86 vs Mig-15, trainers jet from several countries, Germans WWII vs Western Allies WWII,

Future counterparts:

Mig-21 vs F-5 (Planned), Polyshop team choppers (planned) vs Ka-50.

I don't see any announced for the near future counterpart for the F-15E

But the F-15E is the countered by just about everything that counters the F-15C in terms of air superiority. For ground attack and CAS, I would say the 29s and 27s still counter that role as well because they also can deliver bombs and rockets...etc.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

But the F-15E is the countered by just about everything that counters the F-15C in terms of air superiority. For ground attack and CAS, I would say the 29s and 27s still counter that role as well because they also can deliver bombs and rockets...etc.

Don't agree with that.

The Mig-29 and Su-27 have not a targeting pod they are 4 gen fighters, while the F-15E is 4+ gen. The Red side need a bomber like a Su-24M or Su-34 to face the F-15E task.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't agree with that.

The Mig-29 and Su-27 have not a targeting pod they are 4 gen fighters, while the F-15E is 4+ gen. The Red side need a bomber like a Su-24M or Su-34 to face the F-15E task.

OK there's no eastern counterpart in development yet, but not sure why should that prevent Razbam from developing it?

OK there's no eastern counterpart in development yet, but not sure why should that prevent Razbam from developing it?

It won't. Balance is not a requirement for a realistic simulation.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

^ True, but anyway, this is for the sake of enjoyment at some extent. Also, does anyone know why it's "on hold"? :joystick:

I agree - just getting tired of seeing a few members trying to hold development of western jets because they want to see more Russian jets...

Sorry for them but most polls place western planes ahead (which does not mean that 3rd party will not develop them - see MiG-21)

• Like 1

I agree - just getting tired of seeing a few members trying to hold development of western jets because they want to see more Russian jets...

Sorry for them but most polls place western planes ahead (which does not mean that 3rd party will not develop them - see MiG-21)

Mig-21 is the beginning for the 3Th Party developers.... Now you gone get the F-5. I see the ED policy on the right way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mig-21 is the beginning for the 3Th Party developer.... Now you gone get the F-5. I see the ED policy on the right way.

I agree that we need more Russian planes at high fidelity. But most people do want to have Western planes though. YOU KNOW WHAT WE NEED ALLLLLLL OF THE PLANES! But we do still have some nice Russian planes, 21, 15, su25, 27, 29, 33. Just not too many at clickable, A-10C levels yet.

all-things-618x294.png

Edited by JazonXD
  • Like 1

I want to see more Russian jets, and I tend to like Russian aircraft more than other aircraft. MiG-21 is my favorite DCS module and Su-25 is my favorite FC3 module. I would bu Su-17,22,24 MiG-19,23,27,25 etc all day one. Then there's Mi-24 and Mi-28. I would LOVE if we could get more modern, perhaps even multirole Russian aircraft but it doesn't seem like going to happen for various reasons.

But I also like the others and won't be protesting release of any aircraft (unless something really far fetched like a 5th gen aircraft or a very late 4.5 gen one, those would be more guess work than simulation). Even though I very much look forward to development of all those Russian aircraft in DCS, I can count as many I really want to fly from other origins.

F-15E would be very nice to have. Although I like F-15 (did so since childhood) I don't see myself buying F-15C module if one releases but I would jump on F-15E as fast as possible.

Balance is no reason for an objection against something like a F-15E. For air quake, F-15C is already the more pure air to air oriented one and has been present in DCS since day one. For air to ground, well when has air to ground aspect ever been balanced anyway? Ka-50 is first and still the only attack helicopter, yes Polychop are coming with two AT helicopters but they aren't remotely near the capabilities of Ka-50. A-10C has been the only TGP capable aircraft for a loooong while. Su-25T is still the only SEAD capable one etc. etc. :).

In all fairness though, this goes both ways, even though sim does indeed need more Russian aircraft, whenever one such aircraft is even suggested, some people say "pffft... what's this now, why everything Russian, we need [put favorite country here] fighters!" who also suffer a selective cognition issue.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I want to see more Russian jets, and I tend to like Russian aircraft more than other aircraft. [... lots of good points]

Yup, agree with you except basically Russia and USA are the only big jets manufacture... all other countries buy their jets (no hate, I know it's overgeneralization) :lol:

Yup, agree with you except basically Russia and USA are the only big jets manufacture... all other countries buy their jets (no hate, I know it's overgeneralization) :lol:

Ehm, eventhough you acknowledged overgeneralization, I would definitely add the PRC to the big jets manufacture list. :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

Ehm, eventhough you acknowledged overgeneralization, I would definitely add the PRC to the big jets manufacture list. :smartass:

but I think prc still have a long way to go though. First of all, they don't have much history for making "gamechanging" aircraft and secondly, there could be many factors that affects the development of their new jet (political instability or even maybe labour force despite having so many people). Not saying that the US or Russia doesn't have this problem, but at least they have reputation, history and they can learn and develope from past expereicnes. (I am Chinese by the way :) )