SADL data link and assigned targets from F10 map

DmitriKozlowsky

Doesn't A-10C has SADL. Allowing assignment of targets from F10 view via RALT+RSHIFT+8. With targets appearing as MSG from JTAC .

My process, same as for AV-8B.

Place a/c on ap.

Switch to F10 theater view.

Select own aircraft.

Place target points.

RALT+RSHIFT+8 from F10 or from F1 cockpit.

Expectation is that targets appear on MSG page and on SAD moving map. Perhaps also as new target waypoints as in AV-8B.

Im not aware of such functionality. You can get msg from jtac that way, so the aircraft supports the messages Ive just never been aware of a way to send them from F10 view.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

In the server that I fly on (with fog of war) - via F10, assigning an enemy unit as a "target" for a coalition aircraft / ground unit, displays a SPI on my TAD.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Im not aware of such functionality. You can get msg from jtac that way, so the aircraft supports the messages Ive just never been aware of a way to send them from F10 view.

This should probably be moved to the wishlist.

At least I'm not aware of such a feature having ever existed in the A-10C.

You can. See my post above.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I’ve never seen this in 4+ years of Hog flying...

I only noticed it after flying in the server, of our dynamic mission (created by a genius and no it's not me). Assign a friendly AI cap aircraft a bandit as target - SPI shows on TAD with purple line coming from friendly aircraft, to that SPI. Have even hooked it via the TAD and been able to get visual representation (as you would with a hooked SPI) via the HUD. Will grab a screen shot of it next time, hopefully server will be back up tomorrow for a quick turn around for you. Haven't seen it outside of his server, to my recollection. I've only been flying the DCS since 2017, so you've certainly got a few years on me.

Cheers,

Don

Yeah, I’ve seen SPIs and Azimuths from AI CAP flights. In fact, it drives me nuts that Hogs can see AI flights on the TAD but not human-flown fighters. But I’ve never seen ground targets assigned via the F10 map (unless I’m missing the OPs point)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

In the server that I fly on (with fog of war) - via F10, assigning an enemy unit as a "target" for a coalition aircraft / ground unit, displays a SPI on my TAD.

Sounds unrelated to OP's request.

Certain types of AI aircraft have had the ability to share their SPI via SADL for a long time. They will do that whenever they engage a target (pretty sure AI F-16 and AI F/A-18 have done that for many years, well before the Lot 20 and Block 50 were released as playable modules).

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that assigning them targets via Combined Arms, or via some kind of scripting or trigger logic, will provide human controlled A-10Cs with SPIs on those targets. That's a neat idea indeed, but there's nothing really new about it. ;)

I believe OP is looking for an equivalent to "Check map for target coordinates" or some such, which seems to be a feature of the AV-8BN/A. But like I said, I'm not aware of such a feature for the A-10C module.

Cheers,

Don

That may be a function of scripting the server uses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

That may be a function of scripting the server uses.

Well it's all custom script / code, doesn't really even use the mission editor, so I can't be certain.

Cheers,

Don

Sounds unrelated to OP's request.

Certain types of AI aircraft have had the ability to share their SPI via SADL for a long time. They will do that whenever they engage a target (pretty sure AI F-16 and AI F/A-18 have done that for many years, well before the Lot 20 and Block 50 were released as playable modules).

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that assigning them targets via Combined Arms, or via some kind of scripting or trigger logic, will provide human controlled A-10Cs with SPIs on those targets. That's a neat idea indeed, but there's nothing really new about it. ;)

I believe OP is looking for an equivalent to "Check map for target coordinates" or some such, which seems to be a feature of the AV-8BN/A. But like I said, I'm not aware of such a feature for the A-10C module.

Cool

Cheers,

Don

Can't you set a 'label' on the F10 map that other players on a MP server can see(i don't do any MP yet so I'm not sure, but I thought you could). It would be pretty easy then to write a script that the other ai aircraft would then make the label they see a target and share it back over sadl.