[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

Hi Decoy, fix is not mentionned in Open Beta update change log (like fix for FPS drop with radar altimeter and seat height ajustement)

Will they be delivered in a future Open Beta update ? Or have they been missed in the change log ?

Edited by Steph21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I wanted to report a bug, in PI mod you can't release bomb anymore

It was working recently if I remember right

Solo: bug

Multi: bug

DCS version: 2.5.6.45317

You will find in attachment a zip with:

• The log file
  • The miz I used for the test

I tried with gbu12 and mk82 (mk82 in the miz and the log files)

I carefully followed instructions (from the DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf) here:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I hope it helped

thx

Asta'

reportM2000CPI.zip

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

Hello

I wanted to report a bug, in PI mod you can't release bomb anymore

It was working recently if I remember right

Solo: bug

Multi: bug

DCS version: 2.5.6.45317

You will find in attachment a zip with:

• The log file
  • The miz I used for the test

I tried with gbu12 and mk82 (mk82 in the miz and the log files)

I carefully followed instructions (from the DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf) here:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I hope it helped

thx

Asta'

Tested and bug confirmed.

New bug to the endless bug list thanks

We know it's been sorted already :)

Hi Decoy, fix is not mentionned in Open Beta update change log (like fix for FPS drop with radar altimeter and seat height ajustement)

Will they be delivered in a future Open Beta update ? Or have they been missed in the change log ?

Thanks for the reply =DECOY=

Although, after last update the bug is still there (see attached).

It was not mentioned in the changelog.

RWR_JF17.thumb.PNG.1e992b2608c279455717a3b6c47eca2d.PNG

Thanks =DECOY=

Yes, I knwo KL is for 17, it is actually KL on my screen (but as it is centered on the cross you can't see it)

Antway, looks great but is your screenshot from the actual version of DCS ? or is it expected in the next DCS update ?

Thanks.

Bump! I'm re-learning this bird and I'm really confused on how to lock a target right now. Really do I need two buttons for lock and change between stt/tws? and one is mislabeled in the manual and also in Chuck's updated guide.

Please clarify!

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

This literally just got changed/fixed in the latest update. I'm satisfied. TDC depress locks a target now, while "CS8" toggles between STT and TWS lock. It's mislabeled in the manuals and guides because it was that way until last Friday.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

In decoy screenshot ,radar is in search mode, in yours it's in tracking mode. That's when the issue was appearing i guess, when shown in critical ring.

Yes but it doesn't matter.

If a F15-18-16 is spiking me in search mode and then hardlock me it will still show the relative position of the bandit on the RWR.

It only happen with the JF17 (which is why I do believe it's a bug) and each time a JF17 hardlock you, it is centered so you don't any idea where the threat comes from and so you can't take defensive action.

Once again it's bugged, that's why I am asking =DECOY= if the screenshot he provided was from a fix version (but not yet implemented).

Yes but it doesn't matter.

If a F15-18-16 is spiking me in search mode and then hardlock me it will still show the relative position of the bandit on the RWR.

It only happen with the JF17 (which is why I do believe it's a bug) and each time a JF17 hardlock you, it is centered so you don't any idea where the threat comes from and so you can't take defensive action.

Once again it's bugged, that's why I am asking =DECOY= if the screenshot he provided was from a fix version (but not yet implemented).

It does matter. As you mention, bug only appear with JF17 radar in STT mode. On decoy's screenshot, the radar is in search mode (or TWS) so obviously you don't get the bug. If JF17 radar were in STT, then you could think his screenshot came from a version not yet released where issue is fixed.

Edited by Steph21

Hello there !

This evening of French containment I compiled all the bug that I know of with the tracks as requested by Zeus on the Razbam Discord.

If you user guys could test the tracks and confirm the bugs, that would be great.

PPI lock

While in PPI scope mode, the VTB contact lock zone are not corresponding to the displayed contact, they correspond to the position of the contact in B scope. This bug prevents from locking contacts that are at a high angle of the nose, but it does not prevent locking contacts in front of the aircraft due to the way both scopes works.

Track : [ATTACH]230578[/ATTACH]

VTB RWS behavior

While in search mode when you change the antenna elevation, the contacts symbology changes instantly, it does not wait for the contact to be scanned again by the radar.

Track : [ATTACH]230579[/ATTACH]

Radar antenna behavior

When you use the target unlock button while having the antenna elevation not at zero, the elevation resets itself but then the altitudes next to the TDC does not correspond to the real elevation of the antenna. This means that there is no way of knowing where the radar is looking.

Track : [ATTACH]230580[/ATTACH]

Vertical close combat mode FIXED

When using the vertical scan close combat mode, the radar does not scan -5° +50° vertical of the VTH, it's more like -5° +5°.

Track : [ATTACH]230581[/ATTACH]

VTH target designation box FIXED

When the triangle lock (radar + magic) TD box is displayed and you change weapons, the Square TD box don't show up on the target. The only way to have it back is to select magics again.

Track : [ATTACH]230582[/ATTACH]

PCN stutter bug

When using the PCN D/RLT mode on a waypoint, I have a lot of stutters, is does not happen in L/G mode for example.

Track : [ATTACH]230584[/ATTACH]

CCPL PI bug FIXED

When using the CCPL PI (INS Bombing) bombing method, I am unable to drop the bombs.

Track : [ATTACH]230585[/ATTACH]

VTH and IDN bug

The VTH waypoint heading reference (house) jumps when you pass the waypoint heading left and right. It's the same for the real aircraft heading on the VTH compas (trangle). Also at the end of the track, you can the the the IDN waypoint heading bugs out at around 2nm from the waypoint.

Track : [ATTACH]230586[/ATTACH]

RWR lock bug FIXED

When locked by another aircraft the RWR lock indication says for a long time after the hostile lock is lost. In the track the lock stays for about 15 seconds after I pass the hostile.

Track : [ATTACH]230583[/ATTACH]

PID lock bug

When locking a target in PID all the other targets on the VTB disappear. In the track there is a line of aircrafts, most of them at 25k fts and when I lock one of them, they all disappear from the VTB. For reference, I switch to 1 line scan and I can see all of them.

Track : [ATTACH]230588[/ATTACH]

And there goes most of my night :).

I hope it helps, if I have other tracks I will edit this post and add them.

Have a nice global containment :).

Edit :

Here are tracks provided by other folks:

CCPI PI bug

Can't update position (in the track i press several time INS position Update on throttle, but neither REC or VAL light up on PCN)

No wing to guide to target when passing over IP, instead dog house is updated

Track : [ATTACH]230721[/ATTACH]

CCPL PI Ins Update bug

INS drift value seem way off, in attached track, i get value up to 10nm drift whereas i have just started to fly, INS drift is disabled, and i do several INS Update pointing my radar close to IP

I have noticed drift value going up to 40 nm.

Of course REC is blinking until drift value get under 15Nm after several INS Update button press.

Track : [ATTACH]230722[/ATTACH]

JF17 on RWR bug

Attached track file to show that when JF17 radar is supporting missile launch, it's displayed at the center of RWR, making impossible to know its relative position to our plane.

As a comparison, i've put a Mig 29 in the mission, it can be seen easily the difference of behaviour on the RWR when Mig 29 radar is supporting missile launch.

Track : [ATTACH]230865[/ATTACH]

NVG Gain/Cockpit lights bug

Since the new light system brought by the 2.5.6 version, the night flights with the 2000 become a pain

We don't know how is it IRL, so we don't know if the gain of the NVG should be ajustable or not, but for sure, it's too high

Screenshots :

unknown.png

Screen_200220_174038.png

Light knob infinite scroll bug

A small bug on the cockpit light knobs, when you put light to maximum scrolling up on the knob, there is no problem, it naturaly stops, but when you scroll down to shutdown the light, the knob visually stops at the "0" position, but you can continue to "scroll down", and when you want to scroll up to put light again, you have to scroll up without effect until you scroll enough to make the knob working again

It's not easy to see in the track, that's why there is a .log and a .trk

Track : [ATTACH]230866[/ATTACH]

Log : [ATTACH]230867[/ATTACH]

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Nice

You might want to keep the inital post updated by adding verified tracks.

CCPI PI bug:

Can't update position (in the track i press several time INS position Update on throttle, but neither REC or VAL light up on PCN)

No wing to guide to target when passing over IP, instead dog house is updated

Track attached

CCPI PI.trk

CCPL PI Ins Update Value bug:

INS drift value seem way off, in attached track, i get value up to 10nm drift whereas i have just started to fly, INS drift is disabled, and i do several INS Update pointing my radar close to IP

I have noticed drift value going up to 40 nm.

Of course REC is blinking until drift value get under 15Nm after several INS Update button press.

ps: i wanted to make a track to show AA boresight mode appearing when doing Special Mode Aft and then Special Mode Fwd with AG weapon selected, but it's solved :thumbup:

CCPL PI INS update.trk

Good work. One comment, if I may on the RWR. This is an internal DCS behaviour and has been for as long as I can remmeber. If you get any RWR lock on any aircraft, it's only switched on or off in "heartbeats". This means, the RWR will continue to signal a lock, even though the targetting aircraft has since died, until the next heartbeat, when it will be checked and turned off.

You can see this in action with Active missiles that fly past you and continue to lock you, firing their radar backwards. You will also see it when you terrain mask. The mountain may block line of sight, but the lock remains until the heartbeat fires again. It's strictly a DCS mechanic and a cheap way to simplify the lock received. I believe its about five seconds, at least I can reproduce that time frame consistently for many years when ducking behind cover. Once i understood what was going on, I relaxed a bit, but yes, core DCS issue.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I will try to reproduce the antenna freezing in 4 bar scans when undesignating a target, but I'm afraid I won't be able until this evening. If someone can do that before me is more than welcome.

EDIT: I had a brief try but can't seem to reproduce it. Hopefully it has been fixed. Will report back should it happen again.

Edited by Lorthirk

Good work. One comment, if I may on the RWR. This is an internal DCS behaviour and has been for as long as I can remmeber. If you get any RWR lock on any aircraft, it's only switched on or off in "heartbeats". This means, the RWR will continue to signal a lock, even though the targetting aircraft has since died, until the next heartbeat, when it will be checked and turned off.

You can see this in action with Active missiles that fly past you and continue to lock you, firing their radar backwards. You will also see it when you terrain mask. The mountain may block line of sight, but the lock remains until the heartbeat fires again. It's strictly a DCS mechanic and a cheap way to simplify the lock received. I believe its about five seconds, at least I can reproduce that time frame consistently for many years when ducking behind cover. Once i understood what was going on, I relaxed a bit, but yes, core DCS issue.

Hello, did you watch the provided track ?

The lock tone stays for more than 15 seconds after I cross path with the hostile aircraft.

I understand what you say about lock break not being instantaneous in DCS, but this 15 second delay is specific to the mirage.

If you want to prove me wrong, provide a track where you show the same delay in the same configuration with an equivalent aircraft and I will remove it from the list :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA