Gloster Meteor F3 for DCS

Wow! In terms of athetics, this is the best mod I have seen and definitely up to 3rd party standard. The Meteor is a great choice since apart from working radios, you should be able to full model it and it's systems without the SDK. As much it is won't be very competitive, i would like to try it out against the Mig-15.

Do you plan on SFM only or is a EFM in the pipeline (the MB339 has shown that a good EFM is possible without the SDK).

Keep up the good work!

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Current aim is SFM but would certainly look into EFM for long term goal, time permitting. Looking forward to making releasable so can start on Tiffy again but have to resist temptation for time being now things are moving along nicely..:thumbup:

Current aim is SFM but would certainly look into EFM for long term goal, time permitting. Looking forward to making releasable so can start on Tiffy again but have to resist temptation for time being now things are moving along nicely..:thumbup:

Well fingers crossed an EFM is possible as your mod will be as good as a paid module judging by the screenshots.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Please please please keep with this, it will be your legacy. Stopping at an SFM would damage the effort you've gone through to get here. Also consider working with a commercial partner like Razbam who have a relatively large and broad English speaking team across the globe that can help you out with EFM issues. You could largely keep control of your product, get more skills inputting to help, access the full SDK to finish the parts you cannot do and take it to the level it deserves. If you want to talk to someone about what it might look like to work your project from inside Razbam under a 3rd party license, and you aren't sure who to speak to, DM me I can give you details of someone int he UK that I know who did the same.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 month later...

I just see this thread, amazing job and really looking forward to having it at least as an AI first so i can fight it with the MiG-15. You are very talented, it's looking great already.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

• 1 month later...

Yes its a possibility, apart from some tidying up of player cockpit textures & damage model lod's i'd say the physical model should be good to go for people to try for first time but the code side of things will certainly still need some work. I can't see end of july being a problem if people accept it is a wip & can also get some feedback. A working meteor would be better than no Meteor..

My plan is initially to release with basic sfm functionality with damage model & to function as an AI that is certain, long term would like to make it EFM & really hone the whole mod. Typhoon could realistically have a complete player cockpit with basic working external without physical damage though by Christmas all being well & same again would be willing to make available then & then just keep updating them. It does concern me however how safe the modding future of dcs is but will look on the bright side for time being..