a10 Caution Panel - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 12:34 AM   #1
SteenosMT

Default a10 Caution Panel

I have bought a a10 caution panel from PC Flights and should be here later this week. I bought LED's and Joe Sim on youtube said to connect it all with a 10k ohm resistor. I also have a few max7219 to run it off of.

Does anyone have a detailed example of how to wire it all up? I'll be using an arduino mega to start and then transition it over to an arduino nano. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
SteenosMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:14 AM   #2
CraigS

Hi, I detailed the design / wiring of an A10C caution light panel in this video. It might be a good starting point. Cheers
https://youtu.be/a1i-yfLFpPw

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:02 AM   #3
SteenosMT

Craig, You are a legend. I've watched many of your videos on youtube. Your cockpit is stellar. Thanks I'll check this video out in more detail!
Old 02-14-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
CraigS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenosMT View Post
Craig, You are a legend. I've watched many of your videos on youtube. Your cockpit is stellar. Thanks I'll check this video out in more detail!
Thanks for the positive comments, appreciated. Good luck with your simpit

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:29 PM   #5
SteenosMT

Hey Craig,

I get the schematic and how it works, but going from schematic to actually wiring and practical application is where I get lost. I will keep watching your video though.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:48 AM   #6
SteenosMT

The build quality of this panel is incredible. Well done from PCFlights. The LED PCB's have 3 prongs on the back and never seen that. Does that mean there are two LEDs and one ground?

https://prnt.sc/r2xvel

https://prnt.sc/r2xubi

The imbedded images wern't working.

Last edited by SteenosMT; 02-16-2020 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
crash test pilot

reading the description on their site it says one led and two ground prong per led, so you can make a common ground chain.
crash test pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #8
SteenosMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test pilot View Post
reading the description on their site it says one led and two ground prong per led, so you can make a common ground chain.
I saw that too. But then theres another guy on youtube that wired the panel, and he says you can just use the one 5v pin and disregard the middle pin. Seems like that makes wiring much easier.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #9
Vinc_Vega

They offer at least 3 types of PCBs. Here`s the close up of the PCB from pcflight`s website.
It looks to me, as if the copper filling is +5V and the traces are GND (middle connector).
You have to be aware of the 5V supply and the parallel connected LEDs when defining RSet for a MAX7219.

VJS-GermanKnights.de

Last edited by Vinc_Vega; 02-17-2020 at 07:31 PM.
Vinc_Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:21 AM   #10
SteenosMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc_Vega View Post
They offer at least 3 types of PCBs. Here`s the close up of the PCB from pcflight`s website.
It looks to me, as if the copper filling is +5V and the traces are GND (middle connector).
You have to be aware of the 5V supply and the parallel connected LEDs when defining RSet for a MAX7219.

Vinc. I have the 3 prong pcb. I talked to a guy on YouTube that has built the same panel. They have the 5v pin marked which is nice. He said I can disregard the middle pin and just use the two outer pins for my matrix.