When will 2.5.5. stable get the 2.5.6. update?

wernst

When it's ready for stable release - I'd say in about a month at the least.

2.5.6 has just been released and it looks like it's been a blow for performance - there's quite a lot to iron out first before stable gets an update.

I play stable too (I'd get the OB but I just don't have the hardware to test on it), it just means that you need to have a lot of patience.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

We have a lot of issues to work through until we are ready for updating the stable version, we will let you know before we do.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, any indication when the stable gets the 2.5.6 update?

At a conservative guess, April.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I don't believe this...

Seriously?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Please do not update 2.5.5 until you are absolutely sure it will run in VR.

There is a pretty nice community of folks playing on the 2.5.5 servers that run flawlessly, please don’t mess that up!

Thanks!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

• ED Team

No not yet, we will let you know as soon as we can.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2.5.6 is going through a lot of turbulence right now despite the several patches and hotfixes. If you are flying the stable, you really want to wait for the moment because we are badly struggling with this version.

Well some do. I haven't had any issues with it :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Agree, really...nightly custom missions in MP without issue. Wish it was same for everyone.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

If I had to guess, I'd say we're still perhaps two weeks from a stable update. I imagine next week will bring hopefully a final OB update to ensure its ready to go stable

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

thanks

Hey I am totally new with only 4 days in, can I go back and forth between the Stable and OB then using the same modules for F18 and F14? I downloaded the OB but never ran it due to performance fears. I am battling some already in stable ver. I was hoping my system could run OB without too much issue in VR. I am curious to see graphics differences.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• ED Team
Hey I am totally new with only 4 days in, can I go back and forth between the Stable and OB then using the same modules for F18 and F14? I downloaded the OB but never ran it due to performance fears. I am battling some already in stable ver. I was hoping my system could run OB without too much issue in VR. I am curious to see graphics differences.

Hi

welcome to the forum and DCS.

Yes you can switch between version.

If you are steam version you can do it just by using the drop down box in the betas tab in game properties.

or if you are stand alone version you can use command prompt

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

if you are stand alone version you can also install both stable and open beta versions, if you have enough room on your hard drive, they run independently of each other.

thanks

thanks

Thanks, no problem.

Meanwhile I switched from 2.5.5 stable to 2.5.6 open beta. I was afraid of doing that but i found it's shocking easy.

In the BIN folder just type the cmd command "DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta". That's all.

Meanwhile I'm enjoyig the truly improved cockpit nightvison of the Hog.

Hi

welcome to the forum and DCS.

Yes you can switch between version.

If you are steam version you can do it just by using the drop down box in the betas tab in game properties.

or if you are stand alone version you can use command prompt

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

if you are stand alone version you can also install both stable and open beta versions, if you have enough room on your hard drive, they run independently of each other.

thanks

Thank you for letting me know.

I am not super PC savvy so I cant just click on the OB icon on my desktop and run it?

I am not sure which part of the instructions I need to follow from that link since it all looks like it is for updating with CMD or reverting to an older build.

I did try to launch OB from my desktop and it asked me about transferring my modules. I didnt do it because I wasnt sure if I would be able to go back to stable.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Update to stable version

I just checked to see when the last update to the stable version was back in December of 2019 at this time that’s 2 1/2 months.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi QuiGon,

Well I don't know what type of mission you are flying. I guess with a clean DCS and high altitude FW dogfights you are probably on the safe side indeed.

For the rotorheads, it's a bit more complicated because we have to compensate the lack of ED's interest for us with a lot of mods that makes low level flight a bit more interesting like landable platforms other than this horrible green 10 years old FARP that never changed, decent FOBs, credible enemy bases and so on, as well as a lot of scripting too for realistic troops transport that work in MP, rope drop off and extractions, CSAR ops, scout operations with laser designation, FAC(A) scripts,....

So the struggle with 2.5.6 OB is not directly ED's fault. Every major update is a bit of a kick in our little anthill, but the 2.5.6 was a really major kick.

Hi QuiGon,

Well I don't know what type of mission you are flying. I guess with a clean DCS and high altitude FW dogfights you are probably on the safe side indeed.

For the rotorheads, it's a bit more complicated because we have to compensate the lack of ED's interest for us with a lot of mods that makes low level flight a bit more interesting like landable platforms other than this horrible green 10 years old FARP that never changed, decent FOBs, credible enemy bases and so on, as well as a lot of scripting too for realistic troops transport that work in MP, rope drop off and extractions, CSAR ops, scout operations with laser designation, FAC(A) scripts,....

So the struggle with 2.5.6 OB is not directly ED's fault. Every major update is a bit of a kick in our little anthill, but the 2.5.6 was a really major kick.

Do you know if I cna just run OB if I also installed it on my PC without going through the CMD prompt? Also I am not sure how it handles my modules from stable version. I assume if I run OB I cna just go back using the CMD prompt anyway. I installed both versions on my pc first because I was thinking of getting the F16 but didin't. Now I want to try it out to see how it runs on my pc in VR and the graphics differences.

Do you know if I cna just run OB if I also installed it on my PC without going through the CMD prompt? Also I am not sure how it handles my modules from stable version. I assume if I run OB I cna just go back using the CMD prompt anyway. I installed both versions on my pc first because I was thinking of getting the F16 but didin't. Now I want to try it out to see how it runs on my pc in VR and the graphics differences.

BMGZ, Stable and OB are 2 different installs. You'll get two different directories with 2 shortcuts to launch whatever version you want. Also you'll need to install the modules in each version. So no need for CMD, just a lot of room on your HDD or SSD.