[NO BUG] not seeing 5 or 10 degree pitch marks above horizon line flight level - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 05:15 AM   #11
Tholozor

The alignment cross is also used to align the JHMCS.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:44 PM   #12
fitness88
Veteran

Yes Tholozor I remember reading the alignment cross also uses it to align the JHMCS.

Above 4 degrees AoA you will see the 5&10 pitch mark. I see in the training videos it's the 10 degree mark that's used for reference when air refueling.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #13
fitness88
Veteran

So is there a specific height that an FA-18 pilot should adjust the seat, if so what is it?
Old 02-13-2020, 11:32 PM   #14
Deano87

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness88 View Post
So is there a specific height that an FA-18 pilot should adjust the seat, if so what is it?
Aligning the two alignment crosses vertically works for me.

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs : 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:49 AM   #15
fitness88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano87 View Post
Aligning the two alignment crosses vertically works for me.
Using VR I get as close to the instruments as possible and adjust my height so I can just start to see the top front of the plane.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:21 AM   #16
Deano87

Quote:
Using VR I get as close to the instruments as possible and adjust my height so I can just start to see the top front of the plane.
Well you sound like you’re too close and low probably. I put my head where the pilots head would normally be. Also in VR

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs : 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Old 02-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #17
fitness88
Veteran

Quote:
Well you sound like you’re too close and low probably. I put my head where the pilots head would normally be. Also in VR
The added closeness helps the clarity using VR. I manage to see the full HUD and ladder [now that I better understand the relationship between AoA and pitch ladder].
I'll raise my seat to align my eyes with the same height as the two alignment crosses and see how that feels.
Thanks.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:37 PM   #18
Deano87

Quote:
The added closeness helps the clarity using VR. I manage to see the full HUD and ladder [now that I better understand the relationship between AoA and pitch ladder].
I'll raise my seat to align my eyes with the same height as the two alignment crosses and see how that feels.
Thanks.
VR zoom doesn't work for you? I prefer sitting further back and using zoom liberally.

Proud owner of:

My Screenshots
Old 02-15-2020, 01:29 AM   #19
fitness88
Veteran

Quote:
VR zoom doesn't work for you? I prefer sitting further back and using zoom liberally.
Both levels of zoom in VR work fine for me, just being up close allows me to read most everything without having to zoom in.