The original and still the best

Cowboy10uk

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

“This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C“

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Well if they go from a suite 3 A10C to suite7, it will easily be the most realistic up to date study simulation of any military aircraft ever produced, since they would be replicating systems that aren't even adopted by all squadrons yet!

I am more guessing we will see some minor upgrades (which will be greatly received by all A10C "pilots"), but I can't see a major upgrade that would bring us systems that have only been introduced recently to the real world.

[...] but I can't see a major upgrade that would bring us systems that have only been introduced recently to the real world.

I agree that nothing concrete has been officially announced by ED yet, so we should be mindful of wishes vs. facts.

But in terms of HMCS, aren't we talking 2004ish, 2005ish technology? I believe the real fleet moved past Suite 7 years ago, so it doesn't seem entirely unplausible to at least hope for a DCS Suite 7 Warthog 2.

I agree that nothing concrete has been officially announced by ED yet, so we should be mindful of wishes vs. facts.

But in terms of HMCS, aren't we talking 2004ish, 2005ish technology? I believe the real fleet moved past Suite 7 years ago, so it doesn't seem entirely unplausible to at least hope for a DCS Suite 7 Warthog 2.

Well it would be amazing. Like I said as well, if they did a suite 7 A10C, then it would go down as the most realistic up to date military simulator ever made.

The HMIT system was only first tested in 2010 and Suite 8 released 2014 with HMCS, along with Sniper XR pod which very new in military "years".

It would be the biggest surprise ED would ever release and definitely would pay full price again for this upgrade.

But we must be realistic and I know whatever small change coming to the A10C will be welcome.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4160206&postcount=232

“This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C“

Cheers,

Don

i overlooked that newsletter. Its good to hear. Not even so much for anticipating newer features

Most people talk of anticipating suite 7b with scorpion hmd, but don't realize DCS A10C warthog was always a franken jet.

DCS A10C is technically supposed to be suite 3.0 but ED decided to give it an anachronistic mix mash features from suite 5.0, some of which had extremely limited functionality ( IE SADL and some TAD options), and features still present from 3.0 that were replaced by the time of suite 5.0 ( like analog AN/ARC 164 radio replaced with AN/ARC 210)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4016039&postcount=31

Even snoopy clarified as much

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4017714&postcount=36

an actual authentic suite 3.0 wouldn't have had SADL or Missile warning system, but i guess ED made a realism compromise for added capability but couldn't do a proper Suite 5.0 at the time, and had to omit some features and limit functionality of others.

Although if ED can actually model suite 7b that would be great, However it would be enough to make meamper if we finally got a authentic hog simulation of a suite 5.0 never minding a suite 7b, because that alone will give a few improvements over what our hog currently can do.

Edit: and hopefully this time around we can finally have AGM65E laser mavericks?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I've never had a go in the A-10 in DCS. I'm guessing by some of the comments here that I'm missing out? Might have to get it...….

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

I've never had a go in the A-10 in DCS. I'm guessing by some of the comments here that I'm missing out? Might have to get it...….

Oh boy, you have no idea what you're missing! If you have any interest in A/G work then you should absolutly go and get the A-10C!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal