Razbam - Falklands map images.

Hawkeye_UK

Please, solve the problems with your planes and after that put you mind new proyects. That is the correct way of work.
Thank God guys like you do not own companies... You may want Google things like "business plan", "long term concept", "parallelization of projects", "efficiency" etc.

I don't want to go in details for the hundredth time on why a guy from a companies machine assembly team, assembles machines, the engineer designs new machines and the accountant deals with the finance stuff, and you don't shuffle them around between tasks... you get the idea.

Basically the foundation of 90% plus of companies follow this simple logic.

Now let the Map development team do their job, while the Mirage and Harrier are updated and fixed by the respective team(s), please.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Please, solve the problems with your planes and after that put you mind new proyects. That is the correct way of work.

+1, highly appreciated!!!!

At the moment I can´t see that any bug fixin on RAZBAM Products is happening...

It seems that the "independent" Harrier Team brougt us at least a new designed Mirrage- Cockpit than solving bugs...

Realy annoying...

Edited by imaxx

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Riiiight. Lets use our artists on code shall we...

Hey flight attendant.. Hey. Yes you! A pilot called in sick, can you fly this 747 to Dubai please? Instruction manual is in the cockpit somewhere. You know planes, you work there, so shouldnt be a problem.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The over and over "recomendation", talk a map team with working on the TDK (Terrain Develop Kit) making maps, now go fixes bugs on a aircraft module on other SDK and learning programing to make aircraft modules.

I am not an expert but there is no codeing necessary for the map?

Anyway, I am sure that alo the artworkteam is not working for free or for food only.

So sorry RAZBAM, also if this is now a little off toppic:

It is not a good reputation if other project are left far behind and new things are comming up...

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The coding has build by the Terrain develop kit internally, builded by ED to help 3rd parties to build maps without coding funtionality...... you need build 3D models, textures and other assets and 3D modeling, texturizers, meshing and animators with 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc with little LUA coding, but you dont need "program" a radio, a TGP, a fly model, make module bugfixing or implement new funtionality, that is not your work.

You form a "team" centred on build maps, as Ugra-Media to make them, outside of the "Develop Module aircrafts / helo / ships teams" with a diferent SKD centred on build funtionality explicity with a C++ / Lua experts and enginiers.

A example or "working" of the TDK.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Okay, many thanks for the information @Silver Dragon.

But the lowest common denominater is still money.

And at the moment I am quite angry becaus this efford is rather sepnd in new projects than in solveing the old "under construction" sites.

So it doesn´t realy matther that the map is an oher work than the codeing on a new module.

And also the econnomics behind RAZBAM doesn´t really matther.

I guess the acuracy behind the map is threathen the same way like the not so finished other modules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-4E? WHEN ??!!! :D

Was supposed to be after the Mi24, now there is a new mystery model as well. So my original guess was 2021 if the Mi24 comes next year. Now probably 2022.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, many thanks for the information @Silver Dragon.

But the lowest common denominater is still money.

And at the moment I am quite angry becaus this efford is rather sepnd in new projects than in solveing the old "under construction" sites.

So it doesn´t realy matther that the map is an oher work than the codeing on a new module.

And also the econnomics behind RAZBAM doesn´t really matther.

I guess the acuracy behind the map is threathen the same way like the not so finished other modules.

The team behind the map are two rotally different guys. E.g. I doubt SUNTSAG could contribute much to the Harrier or Mirage apart from polishing some textures and modeling stuff.

I am pretty sure the reason that the map is developed under "Razbam" is more related to the fact, that Razbam already had a contract in place with ED, so the guys did not need to found a new company and apply for the whole shenanigans...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260540 Does this make you less angry? I think they're doing exactly what you are wanting them to.

Well that's the sort of thing they could have posted a few months back when all this conjecture started.

I'm glad that they are being transparent.

But it looks like there are only 2 actual coders Zeus and Leo presumably. FM is presumably Smiley, And we can fill in the blanks on the 3D guys according to project (s).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well that's the sort of thing they could have posted a few months back when all this conjecture started.

Exactly spot on. Razbam communication to customers has been mixed at best. The monthly video updates were nice until they were dropped due to customer criticism which I found a none too convincing explanation. I would have been happy with some simple official Razbam monthly or even quarterly statement on progress of modules and plans. But hopefully lessons have been learned and 2020 will see good progress with completion of the Harrier and M2K modules along with solid communication of the progress being made on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Exactly spot on. Razbam communication to customers has been mixed at best. The monthly video updates were nice until they were dropped due to customer criticism which I found a none too convincing explanation. I would have been happy with some simple official Razbam monthly or even quarterly statement on progress of modules and plans. But hopefully lessons have been learned and 2020 will see good progress with completion of the Harrier and M2K modules along with solid communication of the progress being made on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't for the life of me see, why any lessons should have been learned. 2019 was all about business as usual and if it threatens to boil over, lift the lid for a moment.

But maybe 2020 will be the year of a miraculous change. :yay:

I'm glad that they are being transparent.

But it looks like there are only 2 actual coders Zeus and Leo presumably. FM is presumably Smiley, And we can fill in the blanks on the 3D guys according to project (s).

They did... at least the general message ("finish old modules before moving on") was announced quite a while ago and just in December announced very prominently, again.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4147034

Shagrat

They did... at least the general message ("finish old modules before moving on") was announced quite a while ago and just in December announced very prominently, again.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4147034

I was referring to the rough "teams" or what their idea of a "team" is. Its quite different than what I would expect. But at least we know now.

Yes the finish the old first has been repeated. And will hopefully come to pass.

• 1 month later...

Not going to hold my breath on this one. Just look at what happened with the A-7 development.

Ryzen 7 3800x - 32G DDR4 3400Mhz - RTX 2070 - M.2 1TB - Saitek x52 - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals - Oculus Rift - 2 lap cats

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17

RAZBAM! Time to fix your attitude!

DO NOT USE FACEBOOK FOR YOUR DCS PRODUCTS ANNOUNCEMENTS!

Why caps? BECAUSE THIS HAS BEEN TOLD TO YOU LOOOONG TIME AGO AND MULTIPLE TIMES!

Not all people use Facebook, that is just stupid service to use from their point of view!

And it is anyways illogical and unfair that a ED customers who invest money and time to DCS World, that has the E-store and the user forums in the ED servers, that they need to go and find the information from third party services like Facebook, Discord etc etc!

No, the ED should make the requirement in their contract that the third party will first and foremost announce and inform the DCS World customers primarily on the ED forums. That is why ED assigns you a dedicated sub-forum, offers you the spot in their weekly newsletter etc etc.

So get your act in form, here first, and after you have put everything in the ED forums, then you can go to post to facebook, discord or even to IRC if you so want! I don't then even mind if you would write it to paper by hand and send a horse courier to deliver news to some people around the world as I, like many others, never will use Facebook or Discord for searching information of your products in DCS World!

My fault chaps, I put the map updates on facebook because its as simple to copy and past and image / video into facebook. to post pictures on here i have to upload the images to an external host, no excuses though. anyways from now on i will update this thread with any news on the Falklands map.

Apologies

thanks Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

My fault chaps, I put the map updates on facebook because its as simple to copy and past and image / video into facebook. to post pictures on here i have to upload the images to an external host, no excuses though. anyways from now on i will update this thread with any news on the Falklands map.

Apologies

thanks Specter

You can setup folders for uploading images to here in your profile. I don't recall if there is a limit on size, so that might be an issue at some point in time, but you can display the images in posts perfectly without 3rd parties sites, which might spit in the soup at some point -- see PhotoBucket for example.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Apologies

thanks Specter

Nice of you to respond to that post. I almost wish you hadn't. "The Customer is Always Right" can always be offset with "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service".

Ironically, the complaint in that post was about "communication".

The internet has done so much damage to the idea of respecting other people. Anonymity has done society no favors.