AIM-9 for MiG-19

Shmal

Hello! Please would be good to see some later version of Sidewinder on MiG-19. For some hypothetic arabian MiG-19. I understand there was never MiG-19P there but anyway for game procces!

And please fix the rip off the missiles while 5G

Thanks

Edited by Shmal

Мой позывной в DCS: _SkyRider_

Мой канал YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

My callsign on DCS is: _SkyRider_

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdfzT7-xbgvmPwmUcCNArQ?view_as=subscriber

The missiles ripping off is how it was on the real plane.

Realistically the K13 is a 90% copy of the Aim-9B sidewinder anyway, so go have your hypothetical fun with it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The missiles ripping off is how it was on the real plane.

Realistically the K13 is a 90% copy of the Aim-9B sidewinder anyway, so go have your hypothetical fun with it.

The R-3S was indeed based on the AIM-9B, but it was a much improved and capable missile, having more range, heavier warhead and improved seeker.

The R-3S was indeed based on the AIM-9B, but it was a much improved and capable missile, having more range, heavier warhead and improved seeker.

Later ones were sure.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Later ones were sure.

There´re no later or earlier R-3S, nor there were modifications to it. The missile entered service in 1961 being already a much better missile than AIM-9B and was replaced by R-13M later. The original R-3 was a more exact copy of the AIM-9, but was only a test prototype and never used in combat units or in service.

-The PRD-80A engine in R-3S was not a copy of Sidewinder Thiokol. Soviet engine was shorter (1570 mm vs 1900 mm in AIM-9B).

-Burning time up to 3,2 sec (AIM-9B - 2,2 sec), max thrust impulse 38 kN vs 36,47 kN of AIM-9B.

-IR seeker gimbal limits +/- 28 deg for R-3S, +/- 25 deg for AIM-9B

-R-3S max range 7,6 km, AIM-9B max range 4,8 km.

AIM-9B and Р-3С have different electric sockets and maybe even locks. Pakistani AF which used Sidewinders on Chinese-produced 19С fighters had to make a custom launcher rail. Anyway, DCS supports pylon change(like configuring Mi-8 or Huey), so its possible to make "Pakistani racks" and launch those Sidewinders.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

one thing i often see in R-3S vs Aim-9B comparisons is 'R-3S has a long seeker settling time of 22 seconds rather than 11 seconds for AIM-9B'. you often see this quoted in places like war thunder forums where everyone just looks at wikipedia and they don't have the slightest clue about what it means. so what is that actually referring to?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...