We need Chucks F18 guide ASAP

wizav

Ha! :-) He mentioned that he's working on it. Indeed, Chuck's guides are pure gold. Looking forward to the release too.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

What for actually, the F-18C isn't something difficult in EA...

I love his guides... always learn something...

Also they are great reference in case you forgot something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ditto ...:cry:

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right now I'm quite lost without the guide. Trying to use flares and chaff. No go for me LOL

1. master arm on

2. dispenser switch set to bypass below the big central display on the bottom

3. dispenser bindings known

the forum is a pretty good resource if you just ask.

Right now I'm quite lost without the guide. Trying to use flares and chaff. No go for me LOL

Behind the stick, in the cockpit, beneath the center MFD, there are two switches. The ECM rotary and the chaff/fare dispenser toggle switch. Just set the dispenser toggle to the upward bypass position and dispense each counter measure individually. If you want to just use the cockpit to do this, the big red button left of the throttle just under the canopy is for dispensing counter measures.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Yeah Chucks stuff is pay worthy. The guy does a huge amount of work for the community. If nothing else he deserves everyone's respect.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Yeah Chucks stuff is pay worthy. The guy does a huge amount of work for the community. If nothing else he deserves everyone's respect.

amen brother! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I like Chuck's Guides! I actually removed a whole load of DCS modules just because ..mainly for space and it's also a brain overload for me. The FA18 is truly what I and many others really ever wanted. I go back wanting this since 1995 before DCS, Before Flaming Cliffs, LOMAC back when it was just Flanker 2.0. Back when ED replied back to me respectfully and explained that the information for an FA18 was Classified and they pointed out the fact that they were a Russian Development team a that. So, it took while. Man now look at what we have!

Life is good! And I know they are not stopping at this point as well.

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/chucks-first-impressions-of-the-dcs-f-a-18c-hornet/6151

Some of you probably seen this? It's Chuck's first impression of the FA18 as Wagner let him have an earlier access.

I look forward to what ever Chuck puts out for us regarding this one!

Behind the stick, in the cockpit, beneath the center MFD, there are two switches. The ECM rotary and the chaff/fare dispenser toggle switch. Just set the dispenser toggle to the upward bypass position and dispense each counter measure individually. If you want to just use the cockpit to do this, the big red button left of the throttle just under the canopy is for dispensing counter measures.

NPOSuperhornet

1. master arm on

2. dispenser switch set to bypass below the big central display on the bottom

3. dispenser bindings known

the forum is a pretty good resource if you just ask.

Thank you both !! Launching flares and chaffs now like not tomorrow :thumbup:

btm ECM is working in EA? Read the manual, try to turn it on, always off :pilotfly:

Looks like I am good enough to beat a MIG-29 in ACM, but unable to drop a single flare.

I had set the dispenser to bypass

I mapped the dispense button (red button) on my HOTAS

I hit the button and I see no flare being deployed

???

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Looks like I am good enough to beat a MIG-29 in ACM, but unable to drop a single flare.

I had set the dispenser to bypass

I mapped the dispense button (red button) on my HOTAS

I hit the button and I see no flare being deployed

???

Master Arm on?

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Map the dispense aft and dispense forward to your hotas instead for a single flare or single chaff.

edit: correction, big red button will dump out all your chaff and flares. heh. And yeah, master arm needs to be on.

Edited by NPOSuperhornet

Map the dispense aft and dispense forward to your hotas instead for a single flare or single chaff.

edit: correction, big red button will dump out all your chaff and flares. heh. And yeah, master arm needs to be on.

Don't press the RED BUTTON

giphy.gif

Fully agree, he does a fantastic job with those and they really help me when learning a new module!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Master Arm on?

Yes

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I empathise with Chuck on this one.

Looking back at the other Chucks Guides, even the guides for the Mig15/F86 (which have basically no electronic systems) were 60-70 pages long. I don't know how Chuck will even start a guide for a plane as complex as the Hornet. I assume it'll take significant time to produce.

Having said that, I could do with it. I have managed a number of carrier landings, but none yet where my tyres survived. I think ED should find a new tyre manufacturer. Obviously the problem can't be the way I throw my plane at the carrier.

<_<

>_>

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Looking back at the other Chucks Guides, even the guides for the Mig15/F86 (which have basically no electronic systems) were 60-70 pages long. I don't know how Chuck will even start a guide for a plane as complex as the Hornet. I assume it'll take significant time to produce.

You assume correctly. It's not like I've let that stop me before ;)

The approach is always the same

1) Find good reference material

2) Study said material by breaking down the aircraft system by system

3) Put what I've learned in practice

4) Drink a river of coffee and get to work while listening to Motley Crue

You assume correctly. It's not like I've let that stop me before ;)

The approach is always the same

1) Find good reference material

2) Study said material by breaking down the aircraft system by system

3) Put what I've learned in practice

4) Drink a river of coffee and get to work while listening to Motley Crue

:megalol: #4

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]