AIM-9P5 is useless

Reflected

I shot down an enemy player with them last week in multiplayer. I know, you asked for SP, but they should not have different paramenters in SP than in MP.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I only asked a simple question. Or, should I record 20 different shots? Would it really make a difference?

You could at least tell us, if you try to knock out your targets from the front or from behind, because...

Frontal aspect shots are pretty terrible, the lock is lost as soon as the target turns hard, but rear aspect is working OK for me.

... I have had the same results. Approaching my targets from behind, gives me good results. I`m flying SP only.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Rear aspect mostly, the target making 2-3 G turns. I always try to lead my shots. I find that as soon as the angle is more than 30-40 degrees the missile will miss. When the target is out of energy, but is higher than you, the missile always misses.

Is it possible to fire them from too close? (0.7 miles)

Rear aspect mostly, the target making 2-3 G turns. I always try to lead my shots. I find that as soon as the angle is more than 30-40 degrees the missile will miss. When the target is out of energy, but is higher than you, the missile always misses.

Is it possible to fire them from too close? (0.7 miles)

.7 sounds too close. Try with more range. And make sure the sun is not infront of you.