[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Wandering Skhval and laser ranger changing distance

Fri13

Has anyone else got this problem, that the Skhval wanders at the specific direction (like 10'clock) and doesn't stop until you press Lock. Then after a few seconds it starts moving again.

Sometimes it can be so serious that your axis to opposite direction can barely counter the direction, if even stop it. The Skhval gate might just go wild and go to top right or bottom left without any reason at maximum speed and only way to get it back is either designate with HMS or reset the Skhval and designate.

The worse part is that you can range the target while locking it, and then middle of the missile flight or firing the laser ranging jumps from example 4km to something else like 1.2 km. Or you just perform a lock (and laser ranging same time as Laser is activated) and you get correct range like 5.6km but then it jumps to something stupid like 0.2 km. And then when you move the Shkval gate around it measures there the correct ranging, until again jumps to something 0.x km range.

And all this with a fresh KA-50 (no burn laser) and 150m altitude with clear LOS on the target.

No any other controller in the bindings (or attached) that would conflict with the Skhval controls etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yeah, sometimes my shkval wanders uncontrollably. It takes a few times of pressing lock to stop it, then it wanders again. Definite bug.

Yes, and I've seen the laser range jump a lot on mine as well. Looks like a lot of stuff has been broken.

I'm guessing this is why they want to do a BS3, to pay for all the bug fixes they are going to have to do.

this happens when the laser turns off and the helicopter doesn't know the range anymore. it calculate the slant range via terrain database, the position of the helicopter and the angle of the camera.

Sometimes that range is just plain ridiculous. Like at 10km laser range it suddenly resets to 0.6km calculated range and the helicopter than moves the camera along with the helicopter to keep a lock on that point 0.6km away, which results in strong camera movements that throw the aim off target.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature (ins drift, shallow angle to terrain, bad database?), but it's definitely annoying and I'd be happy to be rid of this.

• 2 months later...

It is a clear bug. Happens randomly, and even often. Suddenly the Shkval is locked middle of the air and just meters forward from your location and if you are flying forward, you fly past it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team

Hi all

If someone can give me a track replay showing this I will investigate.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2