ECM and countermeasures in DCS F-5E

DaveRindner

Blame the manufacturer for not equiping it with more.

It can be equipped with more without modification.

Give it the smaller flares. :)

*AFAIK* we have the newer (kinda), bigger flares simulated...With really basic CM effects. If I remember right ED/BST/one of the devs had been involved in such a wishlist thread.

Lord of Salt

Not sure that they felt that it needed more. With the weapons load out and time on station being a factor... one or two run ins with the F-5 I am sure that 15 flares and 30 chaff were plenty.

I don't think that I have ran out of Flares very often in the F-5 most of the time its been when I was jumped by Fighters on the way back from a bombing run.

bait out the osa shots before going in. take rockets instead if you can.

then relieve the idiot who came up with this mission of his command.

its like you wear flipflops to go hiking then complain about slipping.

Edited by probad
  • Like 1

If it is a single OSA against a 4 ship, things shouldn't be all that bad anyway... SAM operators AI in DCS is very basic, one F-5 can just happily bait it into wasting away missiles at maximum range, while the other 3 proceed with dropping their loads on convoy and haul ass, especialyl with a very low level approach, OSA may not even get to fire at all sometimes.

Besides, low or not, it is what it is, the bird has little room for countermeasures, which is still better than not having any.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script