F-5E weight discrepancies

Wyatt109

I'm trying to account for two things -

In the real-life F-5E manual, it states that a clean, fully-fueled aircraft weighs 14,950 lbs. If we add 560 rounds of 20MM (394 lbs), that gets us to 15,344 lbs. Empty, sitting on the ramp in-game, an F-5 with full 20MM is 15,556. I assume the discrepancy is down to the chaff/flare dispenser?

Here's the second question. I've done a second loadout:

Weight w/ fuel - clean: 14,950 lbs

2x INBD pylons: 244 lbs

2x OUTBD pylons: 256 lbs

1x CL pylon: 170 lbs

4x Mk-82 LD: 2,124 lbs

CL pylon tank (full): 2,004 lbs

560 rds. 20mm: 394 lbs

2x AIM-9: 342 lbs

TOTAL: 20,487 lbs

However, this loadout in-game is more than 400 lbs lighter at 20,062 lbs. Could it be that pylons are not being accounted for? Something else? This is a fairly significant gap in weight. It's almost a whole Mk-82.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Wyatt109

I'm trying to account for two things -

Could it be that pylons are not being accounted for? ...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Pylons seem to be weightless.

Try the arming screen and look at the weight changes, compare to the manual stated weights. I recall weapon weight is added but not pylon weight.

Pylons seem to be weightless.

Try the arming screen and look at the weight changes, compare to the manual stated weights. I recall weapon weight is added but not pylon weight.

You are correct. I added it up and pylons are indeed weightless on all stations. I will report this as a bug.

YCa9ZMC.png

• ED Team

Actually, basic aircraft weight (clean, fully fueled) is 15170, because we have E-3 modification, not basic E. Some improvements, like enlarged LEX, were installed, that added some weight.

As for pylons weight - yes, it's absent. Good find! We'll try to fix it ASAP. :joystick:

Actually, basic aircraft weight (clean, fully fueled) is 15170, because we have E-3 modification, not basic E. Some improvements, like enlarged LEX, were installed, that added some weight.

As for pylons weight - yes, it's absent. Good find! We'll try to fix it ASAP. :joystick:

Excellent! Happy to help :)

And good tip on the clean weight. I will factor this into my calculations.