New map (WIP) Proposal

Batou

ex-yugo map would be a day one purchase for me. Somehow though I think it would be a very hard map to do justice to though, all those Croatian islands, there are hundreds of them....

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I haven't tried mapping at any scale larger than a Half Life map so I admit to feeling small amounts of anxiety when I do the mental arithmetic on how many thousands of unique objects for each map and the amount of metadata wrangling required. :fear:

Batou, I was looking for just one image where I could say - that doesn't look too hard.

For example, Wake island ... I'd sign up for that.

Everyone in this thread could handle a Wake Island level of complexity. We could make it really detailed too.

I bet some lucky sod has already bagged it.

• Like 1

for ex-yu map, it is better like this ?

yougo3.jpg

i don't want to have Belgrade and Venis to do...

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

Belgrade surroundings and buildings were a major target during the war, right?

If we are talking about the war 1990-1995(involving Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia)then no..WW2 era-yes...Belgrade was bombarded in 1941. and 1944. Most recently Serbia, Monte Negro and Kosovo were bombarded by NATO in 1999.

for ex-yu map, it is better like this ?

yougo3.jpg

i don't want to have Belgrade and Venis to do...

Yes, that's better. Why is it a problem? Well ... cities no need be 100% accurate, Maybe just a couple of prominent buildings. I find it important airport locations for a battle scenario or campaign, for example.

Could it teamed up with Leatherneck Simulations?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

However i start to make lot of new map for DCS 2.0.

But i need help. I would like to create a team for making official map. If you are a good user of 3dsmax or a good texture artist, contact me via PM.

not bad Batou :thumbup:, however the vertical scale is exaggerated. i mean your mountains are too high, what is not realistic

by the way, as far as i know HungaroJET already made (makes also - still WIP) many maps/sceneries/vegetation as well

maybe You should cooperate together

sign-pic4.jpg

not bad Batou :thumbup:, however the vertical scale is exaggerated. i mean your mountains are too high, what is not realistic

It is a preview render with the map software. In 3dsmax the high of moutains is good don't worry.

Ok the map will include Belgrad and extended to east.

It is important or not to have the adriatic coast of italy ?

Edited by Batou

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

Batou, I will recommend another map, something Like Afghanistan were our planes fit better, but If you plan to do Yugoslavia, good luck with it! Regarding coast of Italy, I think that we need somewhere to place the italian bases. Unless you plan to model the north Italy plain only, then the bases on the Adriatic coast are not needed I think.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

It is a preview render with the map software. In 3dsmax the high of moutains is good don't worry.

Ok the map will include Belgrad and extended to east.

It is important or not to have the adriatic coast of italy ?

Well, it depends what timeframe and what conflicts you want to simulate.

Maybe it's a good idea to include Aviano Airbase, and part of Adriatic sea for carrier group.

Beograd city is not as important as Batajnica airbase in the suburb.

Basically, if you want to cover wide timeframe you would need Batajnica, Nis, Kraljevo, Pristina, Zagreb, Zadar, Bihac, Podgorica, Skopje, Sarajevo and Aviano airbases.

The map you attached here is not exYU map. It's Adriatic sea map.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.