Southern California Map

RaceFuel85

With Naval Ops starting up in earnest soon with DCS Hornet and DCS Tomcat and DCS Harrier..

What about a Southern California map?

With a map below you could have..

NAS China Lake

NAS Point Mugu

NAS/MCAS Miramar

MCAS Yuma

NAS North Island

The China Lake Ranges

The Pacific Missile Test Center Ranges

San Clemente Island (reserve NAF)

It would just be a great map for lots of Naval Ops

http://imgur.com/A0C5CEK

Edited by RaceFuel85
  • Like 2

It would indeed be great as an extension of the NTTR map. However I recall ED having said in the past that the NTTR is 'feature complete' in terms of the area it covers.

Yeah, they've said several times that the NTTR map won't be expanded at all.

I wonder if it is even feasible, without taking a performance hit of some sort to grow the map to bring in the mentioned areas of interest?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

With the Strait of Hormuz map in the works, I'd rather like any "extension" being done in that area... "Red Storm Rising - Naval Edition" isn't as favorable a scenario as Gulf War I, Gulf War II, etc.

A dream, I personally like to see come true in the future is an extension of both the Caucasus south and Strait of Hormuz north so that we have a complete Middle East from Caucasus to the Arabian peninsula... :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Southern California...

Certanly it would be a great map. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Very popular with Southern Californians I am sure.

But why not somewhere more belligerent? Down town New York maybe?

Oh wait it is a COMBAT flight sim. Let's stick to war zones - where actual fighting with people other than each other, or Mexicans has taken place since the invention of manned flight!

• Like 1

+1 for California, or New York for that matter. ;)

• Like 1

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Very popular with Southern Californians I am sure.

But why not somewhere more belligerent? Down town New York maybe?

Oh wait it is a COMBAT flight sim. Let's stick to war zones - where actual fighting with people other than each other, or Mexicans has taken place since the invention of manned flight!

Where UC Santa Barbara is now, there used to be an Army base in WWII. This area was shelled by a Japanese sub. Santa Barbara beaches were also used to practice amphibious landings (e.g. Normandy), so there is something for scenario designers...:joystick:

Why? how about we get maps where Real World wars have taken place or are taking place? eg. the middle east, vietnam, korea, etc.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Why? how about we get maps where Real World wars have taken place or are taking place? eg. the middle east, vietnam, korea, etc.

I'm all for that, but this is a discussion of expanding an existing map. The expansion of the Nevada map does not imply an exclusive desire to stay in historically non-operational theaters.

With the Strait of Hormuz map in the works, I'd rather like any "extension" being done in that area... "Red Storm Rising - Naval Edition" isn't as favorable a scenario as Gulf War I, Gulf War II, etc.

A dream, I personally like to see come true in the future is an extension of both the Caucasus south and Strait of Hormuz north so that we have a complete Middle East from Caucasus to the Arabian peninsula... :D

That would be absolutely amazing and suitable for lots of scenarios starting in the 70's right up to today :thumbup:

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Agreed. No need for a California map. Better to have Vietnam, Korea, Middle East etc..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would love this it would be so good. I really hope that sometime in the future this becomes a thing.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

DCS: Eastern USA

Can you expand on this Skates? I know it will start at VA Beach to include Oceana Naval Air Station, but are you going North or South from there? My preference is to take in the southern part to include NC! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

If the wishlist includes NAS Pt. Mugu, they might as well extend it west to include Vandenberg AFB. Makes for some very nice scenery along the California central coast.

But this is all academic...

Agreed. Flight from NTTR to Vandenburg up the coast would be fantastic...